Search Fishin.com

Thread: Final 4

Post Thanks / Like

Final 4

Well guys now that everybodys bracket is all jacked up and the Final 4 is set lets here some predictions....I'm gonna say UK over UConn in a nailbiter and VCU over Butler by 7 or 8....Then UK over VCU by 11 in the championship....However by looking at my bracket you can take my predictions with a grain of salt

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Final 4

Here is the good news. I still have three teams left in the final four. As long as KY loses everything will be fine. Cudos to them for making it to the final four but I'm not cheering for them too do anything but LOSE! I need to go out and get me a UCONN shirt because that is one I don't have.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Final 4

Quote Originally Posted by bigrod View Post
    Here is the good news. I still have three teams left in the final four. As long as KY loses everything will be fine. Cudos to them for making it to the final four but I'm not cheering for them too do anything but LOSE! I need to go out and get me a UCONN shirt because that is one I don't have.
    3 out of 4, you the MAN. Out of 5.9 millions brackets in the ESPN challenge there were only 2 that had all 4. 3 is pretty darn good. I only had 1, UK, and I have them winning it all because my bracket every year has them winning it all.

There is so much parity in College Basketball it is amazing. Neither of the 4 teams left are the BEST team in college but one of them will be the National Champs. Kansas, Ohio State or Duke, with Irving, are probably the BEST teams but the tourney is the tourney. With all the TV exposure a great high school player can get almost as much publicity at a mid major school versus a major school. The one and dones is hurting the college game and if something is not done about them it will only continue to hurt the game. I say hurt the game but that is double edged. The one and doners has given the smaller schools a chance to shine in the tourney but the one and doners also puts a limit to the GREAT college basketball teams. The Dukes, UNLV and Kentucky's of the 90's that were great teams may not be seen again as long as kids are allowed to come for one year and bolt. I would like to see kids are allowed to go pro out of high school right but if they sign a letter of intent then they must stay a couple of years. But for now, a VCU team that finished 4th in the Colonial and got drilled in their conference tourney can get just as far as the blue blood teams like UCONN and UK. Win 6 in a row, 7 for VCU, and you get the National Title but the best teams in the country are not in the final four.