Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CBS Game commentation

Alright are any of you guys liking this new format with Kenny Smith, Clarles Barkley, Greg Anthony yaking at halftime and pregame?

Greg Anthony I can take, seems to be pretty good and doesn't babble.
    Kenny Smith makes my freaking head hurt, he talks for days and doesn't say anything, please STFU.

Charles Barkley needs to find a hooker and get some booze and go home, he is an embarrasment to CBS and should never be asked back.

Did you guys see him and Kenny Smith making fun of Marquette the other day. I know they stunk it up and I don't even like Marquette but don't sit on national television and make fun of college kids it's not right and shows ZERO class. Of course Barkley has no class so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Greg Gumble is doing his best to keep it on a professional level but he's having a time with these gubers.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CBS Game commentation

Barkley is a complete embarrassment. If any ignorant UK fan tries to say otherwise, you are just as much of a low life sleeze.

Post Thanks / Like

These guys are pretty good on the NBA telecast, but they know very little about the college game. They need to stick to the NBA and let the guys that focus on the college game have the air time.

Post Thanks / Like

Barkley can be funny, but doesn't offer any real insight to the games.

That being said, I really enjoyed him sticking it to Pitino.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    These guys are pretty good on the NBA telecast, but they know very little about the college game. They need to stick to the NBA and let the guys that focus on the college game have the air time.
    That was kinda my point exactly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    Barkley can be funny, but doesn't offer any real insight to the games.

That being said, I really enjoyed him sticking it to Pitino.
    What did he say about Pitino with him sitting right there?? I missed that I guess..

Post Thanks / Like

Getsome real sports announcer's in there to go along with Gumble...... I agree

Post Thanks / Like

Greg Gumble can stay. The other 3 need to stick with the NBA. For me, Greg Gumble, Clark Kellogg and Jay Bilas is enough. But if they need another for an unbiased opion that will call it right down the middle and not favor any side or any conference, especially during UK games then I suggest either ME, MYSELF or I.

Post Thanks / Like

Gumble does a good job. I think Bilas is the best in the business, but man he railed against VCU getting in the tourney (I thought he was right) and it has come back to bite him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Gumble does a good job. I think Bilas is the best in the business, but man he railed against VCU getting in the tourney (I thought he was right) and it has come back to bite him.
    You know Tim I thought about that to. Here is a question I ask myself every year.

Does the best team win the National Championship and I almost always come to the ''NO'' conclusion. So many factors come into play. Who is peaking at the right time, Who is healthy and fresh. Who gets a few breaks and executes or hits that lucky shot with .8 seconds left to move on and so forth.

Is there another team out there like VCU, maybe a Virginia Tech that did not recieve an invite that if they got in could have made the same run....

Ky is in the final four and they deserve it, the young fellas have worked hard, but if Brandon Knight doesn't hit that lucky bank shot runner in the last few seconds Princeton moves on and Ky goes home. Is Kentucky a better team than Princeton sure they are but they still almost got beat by them.

I don't know what the answer is and some feel the system is broke, but for now ''Win or go Home'' is the only option....
    Last edited by mhall; 03-29-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Man has Barkley had a stroke? He is about a slurring goober half the time when he talks.
    I don't think there is a legit way to figure who the best team is other than the format it is now. A series like the NBA would work but not in college. Jmo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Man has Barkley had a stroke? He is about a slurring goober half the time when he talks.
    I don't think there is a legit way to figure who the best team is other than the format it is now. A series like the NBA would work but not in college. Jmo.
    Oh I agree Don, but you have to admit with anything like this there will be some flaws.

NOW the BCS system is BAD BAD BAD BROKE.., LOL.