Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

fish&wildlife at Dale 3-29-11

Was lunching the shock boat, an had the tank truck on the ramp waiting on them to return tuesday. I didnt have the time to be nosy or follow.
    If anyone has a connection for results Id like to hear.
    I wondered if they were trying togather some walleye for the eggs?

Brian Gibson the Cumberland co game warden was there but the shocking boat had already left

Ky Trophy Fish Guest

Re: fish&wildlife at Dale 3-29-11

KDFWR shocked and removed 50 +Smallies from 18-21 inches from around Trooper Island,flats in that area and Lily Dale Campground area .Fish are to be used for brood stock and then put back in lake.Questioned source about shocking in Tenn,said Tenn ok ed it.This info came from a usually reliable source.Trying to confirm from others that should have the info.Anyone want to bet fish will be returned to lake.

Post Thanks / Like

1. IM sure your source knows the details. I watched the tank truck pump from the lake there were a ton of Houseboats less than 100 yards away, hopefully the skim of pollution on the water was more pollen than gas & oil.
    I sure hope we get those fish that left put back. No one hopes IM wrong more than i do

The entire lake is no where near adequately protected from short fish being taken.
    IM for anything that gives us more, bigger an health er fish. But fooling mother nature is too iffy

With some attention given to enforcement in a serious matter we could get 50 illegal fish returned to the lake on big week or so.

Good luck Fish & Wildlife if you read this please reply an point out where IM ill informed.
    PS can you let us know when your getting ready to bring them back
    IM afraid we lost 50 fish along with there spawn.....

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they get returned! I dont like hearing fish getting taken out of a lake!

Post Thanks / Like

guys the fish that they took out of that lake will be taken to the hatchery and their eggs will be harvested and the fish will be returned. If i was guessing kyfw will use the brood to stock fish in lakes around ky. Thus lakes like laurel which already was stocked with dale hollow strain smallmouth a long time ago will have more released into it. I would also say that raising fry at the fish hatchery until they are fingerlings adn then releasing them back into the lake gives them a lot better chance against predation and stuff like that. If you have any questions about their plans call them and ask. I would also bet that some of the fingerlings will be returned to dale as well. So guys if they took 20 18-21 inch smallies out of there they are in good hands and will be utilized properly. Also this just means that there are 50 less fish someone can take out of the lake illegally that are getting to reproduce in a controlled environment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_ekubass View Post
    guys the fish that they took out of that lake will be taken to the hatchery and their eggs will be harvested and the fish will be returned. If i was guessing kyfw will use the brood to stock fish in lakes around ky. Thus lakes like laurel which already was stocked with dale hollow strain smallmouth a long time ago will have more released into it. I would also say that raising fry at the fish hatchery until they are fingerlings adn then releasing them back into the lake gives them a lot better chance against predation and stuff like that. If you have any questions about their plans call them and ask. I would also bet that some of the fingerlings will be returned to dale as well. So guys if they took 20 18-21 inch smallies out of there they are in good hands and will be utilized properly. Also this just means that there are 50 less fish someone can take out of the lake illegally that are getting to reproduce in a controlled environment.
    They just lied to 2 of us fishing this morning, they were back, told us they were not taking any fish, just measuring an weighing them, then returning them.
    for an hour i was thankful, that all changed

Hour or so later, they return to the ramp, I ride over an watch as they put the fish in the tank truck. why lie about it. I understand they dont have to explain anything to us while they work. What justifies lieing about it? My name is posted,
    Will fish an wildlife repond of course not.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I guess the fact they wear a badge lets them do anything they want. Just like when you meet a cop driving 95 on his way to taco bell......If the truth be known the slot limit should be taken off on Dale . NOT the CREEL limit 2 fish are plenty but It is apparent that the Slot limit hasn't done what they told the fishermen it would when they imposed it. (new world record in 3 years). The population is awesome so go back to 18' size limit.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: fish&wildlife at Dale 3-29-11

OR are they sending them elsewhere like they are doing with OUR elk by sending them to Missouri and Virginia. I first heard about this on Jim Strader's show and can't tell you how angry I was about that. Instead of giving out more tags to KENTUCKY hunters who paid for the elk restoration we are giving them away to other states. I'm sure they can get a good price for OUR Hollow smalljaws too...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter11008 View Post
    OR are they sending them elsewhere like they are doing with OUR elk by sending them to Missouri and Virginia. I first heard about this on Jim Strader's show and can't tell you how angry I was about that. Instead of giving out more tags to KENTUCKY hunters who paid for the elk restoration we are giving them away to other states. I'm sure they can get a good price for OUR Hollow smalljaws too...
    The elk mess was created by two commisioners. The KDFWR argued for more elk tags, but two commisioners over rode the biologist request for 1000 tags agin. Now these same two people have a hand in the elk being traded to other states. Folks in eastern kentucky need to watch who they are voting for in the next commisioners race.

You didn't pay for elk restoration in Kentucky unless you are a member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. The only thing KDFWR provided was manpower and worked out cooperative landowner agreements.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, Tim. Those two gotta go! Also, 50 smallies isn't much in the scheme of things. It will pay big dividends down the road.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickhise View Post
    They just lied to 2 of us fishing this morning, they were back, told us they were not taking any fish, just measuring an weighing them, then returning them.
    for an hour i was thankful, that all changed

Hour or so later, they return to the ramp, I ride over an watch as they put the fish in the tank truck. why lie about it. I understand they dont have to explain anything to us while they work. What justifies lieing about it? My name is posted,
    Will fish an wildlife repond of course not.
    Rick, if they lied to you (and it sounds like they did exactly that) then that is disturbing to say the least. I would really like to know what is going on in this case. If they are using them for brood stock, fine. I do doubt they are trading/selling them or anything because I don't think TWRA would tolerate that.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think they would lie to TWRA too???