Search Fishin.com

Thread: Cedar Creek?

Post Thanks / Like

Cedar Creek?

Meeting up with my dad in the morning to fish Cedar. Anybody know the water temps, color, etc.? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cedar Creek?

i want by cedar creek yesterday and it looked like chocolate milk, way up and moving very fast. I don't know how much a day will change things but good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Water is stained to muddy as you go towards the bridge. Otherwise, the rest of the lake seems slightly stained to almost clear. Water temps 50-52 as of Wednesday. Caught about 20 bass with 4 19 inchers but no keeperes. Had 4 keepers one day last week weighing 5-2, 5-4, 6-8, and 6-10 and numerous fish 17-19 inches. All fish on a jig in 4-10 feet of water. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Tim

bassmaster

Post Thanks / Like

I fished there tuesday and it was stained up towards the dam and muddy in the creek arms but not too muddy to fish. We caught all our fish up towards the dam where the warmest water was in 50-51 range. Up the lake in the creeks it was in the high 40s probably from the cold rain monday night. We only caught 11 fish in 6 hours 4 biggest were in the 14-17 range but it was my first time ever on the lake. Its was also a cold front and very windy so not ideal conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I almost hate to post this after seeing the previous two reports. Either we are talking about a different Cedar creek, the bite has turned off, or I'm going to start taking golfing lessons, lol. Today was slow. Got a late start, didn't start casting until about 9:30 and was off around 3, place was packed. Threw jigs, cranks, spinnerbaits, Senkos, worms and the kitchen sink. Was able to avoid the skunk with a little bass in the afternoon on a point crawing a jig in about 12 feet of water. Talk to several others who seemed to agree. Anybody on here have any luck there today?

Btw... water was stained a little temps 53-58

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Cedar on Wednesday out of a kayak. Got there around 5pm and it was way to windy to do much in a kayak so I waited untill about 8 to putin while I had no luck from the bank. Paddled about halfway back into some well sheltered coves and thew a small crankbait and slow rolled it in about 2-5 feet. Caught a nice 4lb a 3lb and a 2lb. Also got a few nice hits jiging a cabin creek 5" creature soft plastic across the bottom in the same places in the back of coves.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Cedar Thursday morning for about three hours. All I caught was two fisherman after their boat sank.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mancave View Post
    Fished Cedar Thursday morning for about three hours. All I caught was two fisherman after their boat sank.
    What part of the lake was that?

Me and a buddy kept a boat from sinking at Barren a few years back. Nobody on the boat spoke a word of English and I was trying to ask about the plug and they didn't have a clue. They did seem to understand it when I said, if you don't get that boat on the trailer, it's going to el sinko. We threw them a rope and swung it around with my trolling motor and it was a perfect shot on the trailer. I could never do that again the first time if I tried.