Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Need prayer for my daughter

I put my 20 yr old daughter in rehab yesterday. She will be in there for 6-12 months. I hope that my daughter has a heart change while in there and will no longer want to get high.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need prayer for my daughter

Man that's tough... Prayers sent for her and your family!!

New Washington, Indiana, The good ole U.S.A..
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent to you & your family.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers are on the way - good luck and hang in there!

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there, prayers sent.

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers for her and for you and family

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Morone View Post
    I put my 20 yr old daughter in rehab yesterday. She will be in there for 6-12 months. I hope that my daughter has a heart change while in there and will no longer want to get high.
    Dependancy of any kind is a bad deal and effects so many people other than just the addict. Hope all goes well for the young lady and her family. At least you got her into rehab....so there's hope. One day at a time ol' buddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes and yes a prayer sent. Be supportive and help her through it, one day at a time. God Speed to all involved.

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent. Addiction is not fun for anybody!

Post Thanks / Like

Scott,

I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I sure do hope she sticks with the program and can get clean. Even though she will be a recovering addict for the rest of her life, it is much better than being an addict for the rest of her life. This time last year, I was in a bad way with my prescription pain medicine that my surgeon had me on. I was still recovering from my February 18 surgery, then on March 9, I saw my doctor and he gave me a prescription of 4mg Dilaudid tablets, 2 tablets every 6 hours or as needed for the pain in my stomache. When I took the prescription to the pharmacy to get filled they for some reason gave me double the amount. Instead of getting 84 pills, which is a week supply @ 12 per day, they gave me 168 pills. Here it is March 9, recovering from another surgery and the 3 year anniversary of the last day I worked, March 9 2007. I know my body has built up a huge tolerance to Dilaudid for I have had so much. 48mg of Dilaudid per day is the most my surgeon has ever prescribed. But he has also seen me take a dose of 8mg IV Dilaudid and not even blink . But for the first time, I was at home with a double prescription of pain meds and I wanted the pain to go away. I started out with the 2 pills, then a couple hours later 4, then 6, then 8 at a time. I ended up taking the entire 168 pills of 4mg Dilaudid from 2pm Tuesday March 9 to Thursday at 10pm. 56 hours I had taken 672mg of Dilaudid, which comes out to 288 mg per 24 hour period and my surgeon had never even prescribed 48mg per 24 hour period as it was. I was taking 10.2 times the max dosage. I never blinked passed out or anything. My body has built up such a tolerance that 48 mg to the normal person is enough to just about kill them but not me. It was not like I wanted to take so many to get high, forget reality and such. I was taking them in hopes that my stomache would stop hurting from all my surgeries and infections. Pain medicine is as much or more MENTALLY than Physically. I think, because I took the pain medicine, mentally I knew it was supose to help. My sugeon says it is his fault because the more my tolerance for Loritab, Perkocet, and other pain meds increased that he moved me to Dilaudid. He had never seen a case like mine and wanted to help me be in as little pain as possible. My body became dependant on them in a manner that it would manifest pain and such to go to the ER and get more pain medicine. I never searched out for any illegal drugs. When I did not have access to the pain medicine, it was no problem. but an Addict is an Addict for life. I checked myself into a drug rehab center in Jeffersonville Indiana called Wellstone. Even though it was only for a couple of days I knew what I had to do the next time I had to go on pain medication.

PLus tell her ONE DAY AT A TIME, She did not get this way overnight and will not be cured overnight. I wish her the best and will send prayers now. Elnut
    Last edited by elnutsmalljaws; 04-09-2011 at 02:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

prayers sent....