Search Fishin.com

Thread: NBA DRAFT

Post Thanks / Like

NBA DRAFT

The NBA deadline for early entry...is April 24th; still no word from any UK players on any decissions! I also think that the "UK" date for withdraw from the draft (if you haven't hired an agent...is May 18th I think...??)
    I found it very interesting that the USA today had the final NCAA coaches poll on the final top 25 for 2011. UK ended up at #3 (snubbed again by a place; #2 in my book).
    Florida ended up #10...In the final top 10..SEC had two schools...Big Least had 1
    UofL ended up at #22
    Im hearing all kinds of good stuff about UK recruiting latley...Kyle Wiltjer power forward
    ...Anthony Davis forward...this Marquis Davis gaurd, (said to be just as good or better than Knight)???...I also hear that they are looking at this fella named Kaleb Tarczewski Center 7 footer and has got moves!!! also another...Dajuan Colmen is the man..6-10 center...If UK gets these...2012 and 2013 can be the years for some new banners hanging in Rupp..#8 and #9!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NBA DRAFT

Quote Originally Posted by demodan View Post
    The NBA deadline for early entry...is April 24th; still no word from any UK players on any decissions! I also think that the "UK" date for withdraw from the draft (if you haven't hired an agent...is May 18th I think...??)
    I found it very interesting that the USA today had the final NCAA coaches poll on the final top 25 for 2011. UK ended up at #3 (snubbed again by a place; #2 in my book).
    Florida ended up #10...In the final top 10..SEC had two schools...Big Least had 1
    UofL ended up at #22
    Im hearing all kinds of good stuff about UK recruiting latley...Kyle Wiltjer power forward
    ...Anthony Davis forward...this Marquis Davis gaurd, (said to be just as good or better than Knight)???...I also hear that they are looking at this fella named Kaleb Tarczewski Center 7 footer and has got moves!!! also another...Dajuan Colmen is the man..6-10 center...If UK gets these...2012 and 2013 can be the years for some new banners hanging in Rupp..#8 and #9!!!
    I think you mean Marquis Teague?? Anthony Davis will give people fits next year with his reach. +3 blocks a game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by demodan View Post
    UofL ended up at #22
    What the crap is the UK date for withdraw? What are you talking about?

Also as was stated Maquis Teague is the point guard and he is a very good player out of Indy. Of course you being such a big fan I am sure you already knew that.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you forgot about Mike Gilchrist...He's probably UK's best recruit next year and was just named the Mcdonald's game MVP.....With that being said let's be realistic....I love UK, but they're gonna have a major hole in the middle....Davis is long but he's way too slim to play the 5 in D1...UK's guards will be able to hang with anybody in the country but the lack of an inside presence will cost them come tournament time...Tarczewski will be chanting rock chalk jayhawk in 2012, just go ahead and mark that one down, and to top it off UK hasn't even offered him a scholarship.....Unless Cal can go down in Juco and pull another Jorts out of the lower ranks, UK will get beat to death inside for awhile

Marquis Teague reminds me nothing of Brandon Knight....Knight isn't a true point guard and on a different team probably would have slid over to the 2....Teague reminds me a lot of a taller Peyton Siva....Pesky as hell on defense and quick as lightning