Search Fishin.com

Thread: KY Lake rain?

Post Thanks / Like

KY Lake rain?

Has it rained a lot down there? Up around Lexington we've been hammered. I've checked the weather and it's saying it's supposed to be nice down there this week. We're coming down on Wednesday and staying a couple of days and I was wondering what the lake was looking like. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: KY Lake rain?

Rained cats and dogs yesterday and last night ,wind howled,lake was high two weeks ago they had dropped it to 356,now 357 and rising again,did have 2 ft vis.
    Lake here at paris landing is wamer than what online stats say its 65 main and higher in bays.Some fish shallow with eggs to boot,also gar and catfish coming in cruising the shoreline.90 percent are short rightnow but good ones are also in from main lake points to secondary in the bays.I caught fish last week in 4 ft of water and less.
    Buzzbaits on cloudy days,topwater useless when sun out,anything in your box will catch one,trick is finding a bait that works all day.
    Jerkbaits on the points,crig,jig,shallow cranks,spinnerbaits around wood,senkos,flukes,you name it.Just hard to get a pattern going,just starting their run,lead in lead out banks being a premium.
    Last edited by lilmule; 04-12-2011 at 09:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: KY Lake rain?

Thanks alot. We're going to be trying for crappie this week. I'm hoping we'll have a couple of days that the weather will calm down some. It seems the weather is alwasy bad for our spring trip. If I was able to fish in warm weather and good lake conditions I wouldn't know what to do.