Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ethanol Free Gas

Any of you guys know where to buy gas without Ethanol around Nicholasville/Lexington? I know the 1stop in Celina has it but that is a lilttle far to get gas. I found a good website which shows a few in KY but none are close:

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=KY

I recently blew up my 200HP Yamaha HPDI Series2 with less than 30hrs on it. Most of the techs are blaming the engine failures on the E10 gas that we are pretty much being forced to use. I hear that E15 is on it's way as well. Marine Stabil is a must use but even then I would like to stay away from it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ethanol Free Gas

I spoke last week to a guy from Johnson and he said use Star Tron you can get it at wally world said it will work with the ethenol including the new e15 one small bottle does 188 gallons of gas about $9.00

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stratosjoe View Post
    I spoke last week to a guy from Johnson and he said use Star Tron you can get it at wally world said it will work with the ethenol including the new e15 one small bottle does 188 gallons of gas about $9.00
    Yeah. Some good mechanics I have talked to recommend Startron. It goes way beyond Stabil according to the literature.

http://mystarbrite.com/startron/

They also recommend a water separator which is easy to install and about forty bucks. Also filters dirt. Ethanol actually attracts water from the air and does some other weird stuff. They are the size of an auto oil filter and and can be mounted anywhere. I put mine out of the way outside the boat in the area where the motor goes when in the trailering position. Make sure you change it every year because they rust inside. About eight bucks for a new filter.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Just frustrates me. E85 costs less at the pump, but now add in the Startron, then the water filter unit and its filter element, and now change the filter once or twice a year.

Just feels like the gas companies are now supporting the Startron company's sales, and the Water Filter makers.

Can you troll from a sailboat