Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Nolin river up 20'

Man get ready to fish the trees and muddy waters again. Nolin river is at 20' this morning and still risisng.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nolin river up 20'

anyone been to Nolin since tuesday...gonna try and go to the lake in the am..How is the conditions lookin?

I can deal with rising water, just don't want to fish in choc. milk stained water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    anyone been to Nolin since tuesday...gonna try and go to the lake in the am..How is the conditions lookin?

I can deal with rising water, just don't want to fish in choc. milk stained water.
    Be ready for some chocolate!

Post Thanks / Like

WHERE YOU GET 20 FT. ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roughscott View Post
    WHERE YOU GET 20 FT. ?
    I believe he is refering to the level of the river....its @ 20'.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roughscott View Post
    WHERE YOU GET 20 FT. ?
    Besides the pole i have in my back yard which disappears when river rises 10' they monitor the river at hwy 84 bridge at White Mills. Various sites give you readings. This is some 50+ miles river miles above Wax. Fishin.com has a link to find river levels for the entire USA if they monitor them like the one at Hwy. 84 bridge. Go to fishing reports and down at the bottom of the page you will find stream flow or river levels something like that. Not all rivers will be on it just the ones monitored by the USGS I think. It's really very accurate as the center of the Nolin River is the boundary of my back yard. If river rises another 30' I need to start packing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    I believe he is refering to the level of the river....its @ 20'.

-Rich
    Yeah man, but all that waters heading to the lake. Bummer I was having a good time as things were picking up down there. Lakes gonna be a mess for awhile.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coombro View Post
    Besides the pole i have in my back yard which disappears when river rises 10' they monitor the river at hwy 84 bridge at White Mills. Various sites give you readings. This is some 50+ miles river miles above Wax. Fishin.com has a link to find river levels for the entire USA if they monitor them like the one at Hwy. 84 bridge. Go to fishing reports and down at the bottom of the page you will find stream flow or river levels something like that. Not all rivers will be on it just the ones monitored by the USGS I think. It's really very accurate as the center of the Nolin River is the boundary of my back yard. If river rises another 30' I need to start packing!
    The River at 20' is different than up 20'. I think the way it was worded made it sound like it had actually increased by 20'.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah man, but all that waters heading to the lake. Bummer I was having a good time as things were picking up down there. Lakes gonna be a mess for awhile.
    Where else would it be heading? Haha...Nolin is going to be a mess again for some time...and I was finally going to be able to get up there this week, bummer.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Where else would it be heading? Haha...Nolin is going to be a mess again for some time...and I was finally going to be able to get up there this week, bummer.

-Rich
    Man I hear ya there. Someone said on one of the post that Nolin fishing was the best it has been in a long time. I couldn't agree with them more. The high waters earlier force me to fish out of the motor boat instead of the usual canoe runs I make. My white bass numbers are down this year and haven't found good walleyes. I credit that to the internal combustion engine noise verses a wooden paddle. Had to adjust to conditions and fish further down river mainly in the red line area. More or less the lake as it hit summer pool rather early. I'm really impressed with the number of keeper lg. mouths I've been able to land and the ones I didn't. Also some really impressive crappies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    The River at 20' is different than up 20'. I think the way it was worded made it sound like it had actually increased by 20'.
    Yeah it did. it was down to around 2' above normal flow and it rose up to 22'. I thought you were wondering where i got this info at. By the way nice shirt.

Post Thanks / Like

looks like I have time to work on my boat now!!!