Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

usa bassin classic

Anybody know any results for the first day?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: usa bassin classic

They postponed the tournament until sat and sun due to the bad weather.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a little curious about something. I read in the rules last year that anyone fishing in the FLW tour /Everstart/Bass/Elites as boaters or Pro's and Guides are not allowed to fish in USA Bassin, Partly in fact this is a cirucit for the weekend angler. When you check the Angler Profiles for some of the folks in the classic that dont seem to be the fact. Was there or has there been a change in the rules. Trying to decide which circuit to fish with and if I wanted to compete against pro's I can fish one of the above mentioned ciruits.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I think the guys that got beat out of a boat or just missed the money because of rules infringments probably have some heart burn over that one. I would anyway. Rules are there for a reason. That is what makes alot of circuits a success or failure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bankfisher12 View Post
    I am a little curious about something. I read in the rules last year that anyone fishing in the FLW tour /Everstart/Bass/Elites as boaters or Pro's and Guides are not allowed to fish in USA Bassin, Partly in fact this is a cirucit for the weekend angler. When you check the Angler Profiles for some of the folks in the classic that dont seem to be the fact. Was there or has there been a change in the rules. Trying to decide which circuit to fish with and if I wanted to compete against pro's I can fish one of the above mentioned ciruits.
    You are correct, I read it just now on the USA Bassin website. I don't have any idea whos names you are talking about but it could be that they are non-boaters, which are allowed to fish the tourney trail. The only thing I think you could do is file a protest with USA Bassin. But if indeed these guys are breaking the rules, they need to be called out. It would not be fair to the "weekend angler" that the tourney trail caters to. I don't know if you had to fish the Classic to file a protest or not though.