Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Derrick Rose versus Michael Jordan, REALLY

On ESPN today Skip Bayless and some other moron was debating on who was better Derrick Rose today versus Michael Jordan in his prime. Somebody please tell me that today's sports has not come down to this comparison. Rose led his team to EXACTLY 1 victory in last year playoffs losing to the Cavs 4 games to 1. He has led them to 2 victories this year, if not for a total collapse by the Pacers in game 1, the series would be tied. So Rose has led his team to winning EXACTLY zero series in the playoffs. That is ZERO as in less than 1. MJ won how many championships 5,6,8,15?? MJ has a college title ring as well as the NBA rings versus Rose has won NOTHING. So Rose will be voted the MVP of the league this year versus MJ along with Bird and Magic saved the NBA and made it what it is today. Let's wait and let Rose lead the Bulls to about 6 NBA titles before letting him strap on the Jordan jockstrap. Until then there is no comparison for Rose is no MJ yesterday, today or tomorrow. He has not even accomplished enough to carry MJ's luggage much less his jock.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Derrick Rose versus Michael Jordan, REALLY

I watched that comparison segment on espn2 at lunch and they both laughed at the producer for even posing that question. This thought does prove why the guys like Jordan have to play as long as possible and make their mark on sports history.
    They asked who would win in a game of 21 and that was laughed about as well. Jordan was huge in his prime. 6'6" and muscle bound, rose is 6'3" and not quite at the physical level of Jordan.
    Jordan was one of those players that just happens to come by once in a while and Rose is a **** good player but nowhere close to Jordan or Pippen for that matter.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a better shot at catching a 12 lb World Record Smallmouth out of my bathtub before Rose beats Michael in a game of 1-on-1. Rose is to short to get a hand in Jordans face. Lebron and Kevin Durant are in their prime as is Rose and either of these would give Jordan a better game over Rose. Jordan is so good that I would bet he could still average 15-18 points per game now.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Jordan play in Orlando way back when and the man was as smooth as silk. He scored something like 54 points and I couldnt remember one of them. I was in awe of his skills and abilities plus he had that showmanship about him.....He alone could shut an arena down and even get some home town fans pulling for him. What a player he was.

Post Thanks / Like

I never got to see Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar Robertson or some of the older greats but hands down MJ was the best I ever seen in the past 30 years or so

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    I never got to see Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar Robertson or some of the older greats but hands down MJ was the best I ever seen in the past 30 years or so
    I totally agree with both of you. Jordon was just..........well Jordon. No basketball player in my history of watching the game ever blew me away like he did.

When the game is on the line is when the real players show up. Lebron runs and hides and doesn't get it done. MJ would consistently get it done time after time after time. He was very strong to and played for more than money he hated to loose and took it personal old school style. He also would come at you to if you wanted some and I seen a many a player tuck tail and walk versus getting some of that cut up son of a gun.

I like Rose I really do, for me he's a better player than Lebron is, but he's no Jordon, not by a long shot, a laughable comparison at best.

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing when considering Jordan's greatness is the fact that he was a fixture on the NBA All Defensive Team as well. The closest player to Jordan in todays game in regards to number of rings, defensive teams, performing in the clutch and overall longevity of dominance is Kobe Bryant. Comparing MJ versus Kobe in both their primes, what percent would say Kobe is better - I would say about ZERO percent would pick Kobe over MJ

Post Thanks / Like

Kobe is clutch no doubt, the guy can flat get it done when it counts.

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing when considering Jordan's greatness is the fact that he was a fixture on the NBA All Defensive Team as well. The closest player to Jordan in todays game in regards to number of rings, defensive teams, performing in the clutch and overall longevity of dominance is Kobe Bryant. Comparing MJ versus Kobe in both their primes, what percent would say Kobe is better - I would say about ZERO percent would pick Kobe over MJ
    MJ is Kobe's hero. He styled his game and play after MJ. He plays like him with his turn around fade jump shot and tounge coming out once in a while but MJ is the man and would have beat anyone in his prime.
    I think Pippen could have taken Kobe to school as well.

I know MJ is waaay past his prime but could still school some of the players on todays teams.

Post Thanks / Like

On ESPN today Skip Bayless and some other moron was debating on who was better Derrick Rose today versus Michael Jordan in his prime. Somebody please tell me that today's sports has not come down to this comparison. Rose led his team to EXACTLY 1 victory in last year playoffs losing to the Cavs 4 games to 1. He has led them to 2 victories this year, if not for a total collapse by the Pacers in game 1, the series would be tied. So Rose has led his team to winning EXACTLY zero series in the playoffs. That is ZERO as in less than 1. MJ won how many championships 5,6,8,15?? MJ has a college title ring as well as the NBA rings versus Rose has won NOTHING. So Rose will be voted the MVP of the league this year versus MJ along with Bird and Magic saved the NBA and made it what it is today. Let's wait and let Rose lead the Bulls to about 6 NBA titles before letting him strap on the Jordan jockstrap. Until then there is no comparison for Rose is no MJ yesterday, today or tomorrow. He has not even accomplished enough to carry MJ's luggage much less his jock.
    MJ also lead the Olympic team to a gold......of course that might have been all coaching.

BTW......that was the LAST time non professionals won an Olympic Gold.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    I totally agree with both of you. Jordon was just..........well Jordon. No basketball player in my history of watching the game ever blew me away like he did.

When the game is on the line is when the real players show up. Lebron runs and hides and doesn't get it done. MJ would consistently get it done time after time after time. He was very strong to and played for more than money he hated to loose and took it personal old school style. He also would come at you to if you wanted some and I seen a many a player tuck tail and walk versus getting some of that cut up son of a gun.

I like Rose I really do, for me he's a better player than Lebron is, but he's no Jordon, not by a long shot, a laughable comparison at best.
    You guys seem to forget about the other MJ.........Magic......he was FANTASTIC in his prime.........

Later,

Geo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    MJ also lead the Olympic team to a gold......of course that might have been all coaching.

BTW......that was the LAST time non professionals won an Olympic Gold.

Well played!