Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

NFL Lockout, Draft and such

Lockout 45 day - Lifted - Appealed - Judge Nelson - Tired of all this garbage- $9 BILLION THAT IS NINE BILLION DOLLARS $9 BILLION if I could write in Spanish Chinese Japanese Taiwanese French Latin Italian Spanish and any other language - We are talking about how to split $9 BILLION - Give me a call and I will figure it out for you bunch of overpaid selfish owners players and lawyers

NFL Draft just like the second week between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl enough is enough. How much can Cam Newton, Von Miller, Marcell Dareus, AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Julio Jones and such be evaluated. What next charmin or cottonelle, chocolate or vanilla, pepsi or coke, UK or U of L give it a rest already. Draft these next bunch of billionaires (make sure you spread it out over 3 days REALLY 3 DAYS) and get on with it.

When does college basketball start so they are only talking about players who make tens or hundreds of thousands but at least they call themselves amateurs.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NFL Lockout, Draft and such

I'm looking forward to it..the draft that is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I'm looking forward to it..the draft that is.
    I have no problem with the actual draft but every 5 minutes on 19 different ESPN channels Cam got in his car Cam went to McDonalds Cam got gas at Speedway Cam went to the bathroom Cam chose not to wipe because there was only Cottonelle available but he is a Charmin guy Cam didn't wash his hands because he is a Dove man and not the generic soap they had in the dispenser blah blah blah. I am not sure but I think after hearing from Mel Kiper and Todd McShay for months now I can sit my fat behind here in Frankfort Kentucky and tell you the top 10 picks according to the PROS IN THE KNOW. What team was Kiper and McShay the GM of President of Owner of and such for them to be the authority. Just sick and tired if the hoopla surrounding the month leading up to the 3 day extravaganza

Post Thanks / Like

So Roger Goodell comes out and says thank you for getting booed by everybody with a pulse then say let's get back to some football. So this is the LEADER of the NFL. Then Cam Newton comes out after the SHOCKING news of being the first draft and hugs the guy that is a huge part of locking him out. Give me a break

I will say that maybe it is just me but sure seems like there is a ton of SEC players projected to be high draft picks. I know the SEC year in and year out is the best football conference but sure seems like more than normal SEC players will be chosen in the top 15. Newton, Peterson, Fairley, Green, Dareus, Jones and Pouncey are pretty much in everybody's top 15
    Last edited by elnutsmalljaws; 04-28-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Its really rather simple, the owners want to win and sell merchandice. They are what caused this whole mess in the 1st place, whoever was willing to spend the most money to win I mean. Now that it is costing so much to win they want to reduce cost and keep the profit, simple as that. Any player is only worth what he can get a contract for. The owners want to make the most money they can and I dont think I have ever heard of a broke one. If they dont want to share in the profits they should lock them out and hire 3rd rate players and see what happens, disaster I would guess but who knows until they do and they wont for long IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a problem with it. Hopefully the owners can bust up the union a little and have a little bit of say so.

This is an answer looking for a problem, and if anyone in their right mind is worried about an NFL lockout, then they need to pay attention.Maybe Barack Hussein Obama will step in and straighten it out

Post Thanks / Like

Best pick of the draft is Fairley from Auburn going to the Detroit Lions playing alongside Ndamukah Suh(sp) last year #2 pick and Rookie Defensive Player of the Year in the NFL. Good luck trying to block these 2 manchilds. I have no clue as to what Detroits final record was but add about 3 more victories than last year because of this pick alone

Post Thanks / Like

Player in best position Blaine Gabbert drafted to Jacksonville. He will not be asked to be starter and will sit behind David Girrard next year

Most questionable pick QB Chris Pronger to Minnesota. Way too early for Pronger to go and Vikings could have traded down and still got him.

New Orleans Saints got 2 excellent players and may have gotten the best total talent versus needs in the first round

I am amazed at all the hugging of the commissioner the draftees did. This same guy they are hugging is part if those that are locking them out. Can you say rookie pay structure a lot like the NBA. That means no $50 million deals like last years Bradford got.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Best pick of the draft is Fairley from Auburn going to the Detroit Lions playing alongside Ndamukah Suh(sp) last year #2 pick and Rookie Defensive Player of the Year in the NFL. Good luck trying to block these 2 manchilds. I have no clue as to what Detroits final record was but add about 3 more victories than last year because of this pick alone

That sounds like a pretty good D-line. I figure about the same record as last year.

I'm honestly shocked that DT's could possibly be drafted in the first round, the NFL is a pass happy league just waiting to beat up on an inside team.A solid CB would have been a better choice, but screw Detroit anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    I don't have a problem with it. Hopefully the owners can bust up the union a little and have a little bit of say so.

This is an answer looking for a problem, and if anyone in their right mind is worried about an NFL lockout, then they need to pay attention.Maybe Barack Hussein Obama will step in and straighten it out

This is one time I am definitely on the side of the union. They have to extend some better health care to the older players who built this league into what it has become. I watched on HBO Sports a good segment about a group in New Jersey trying to work with the older players. Most of these guys will not leave the game without some lifetime injury. The things they put their body through to entertain people like myself is ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    This is one time I am definitely on the side of the union. They have to extend some better health care to the older players who built this league into what it has become. I watched on HBO Sports a good segment about a group in New Jersey trying to work with the older players. Most of these guys will not leave the game without some lifetime injury. The things they put their body through to entertain people like myself is ridiculous.
    I wish I had HBO so I could see that show....maybe it would sway my opinion a little because I'm against the Union on this. It's entertainment and these guys know this going in...shouldn't be a surprise. Some of them could have chosen other means of income. Doctors, Lawyers, Construction, Military and on and on but they chose the NFL and by doing so they get more money than I ever will make. Kudos to them!! They have been gifted with some talent and size and they choose to either use it or not.

Tim I respect your opinion as a media guy and a former pro athlete but have never been on the side of Unions. Some say without the present players there would be no NFL but I disagree. Without owners no NFL would exist and even if new owners stepped up they would want the lions share of their investments and I agree with that. IMO the second, third, fourth string guys would be as exciting to watch and play as good as the guys now.

I don't have the stats but how many guys play well now who didn't go first round? I bet alot and I bet more are sitting on the bench ready to showcase their talent.

I guess with what info I get from watching ESPN, ABC or reading something on-line I have made my mind up but am always willing to see the other side and see if it sways my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post

Their salary is ridiculous. I love the NFL as much as anyone but give me a break. If the owners don't do something now, it may be too late next year. Look at it like the U.S. economy,sorry but EVERYONE has a bossman.

I just think this bidding war has to slow down or else.