Search Fishin.com

Thread: Rain Suit

Post Thanks / Like

Rain Suit

Went fishing Sunday and got caught in a downpour. Had on an older rainsuit with bibs (Frogg Toggs) but managed to get soaked, not a dry thread on me. Looking for some information on a good rainsuit for about $200. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rain Suit

Been there with the Frogg Toggs...I hear the newer ones are better. But after a while, they work more like a sponge than a rainsuit. I bought the BPS Red Head Bone-Dry bibs and jacket. Fish all day in the rain and stayed dry. Bibs and jacket together were under $200.

Post Thanks / Like

Sportsman's Guide has a German military surplus GoreTex suit, in a "fleck" camo, for 40 bucks. They are pretty nice, and a heck of a lot less than $200.

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=59197

Post Thanks / Like

For all of this you may consider Scuba Gear

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: Rain Suit

Quote Originally Posted by stratos185 View Post
    Went fishing Sunday and got caught in a downpour. Had on an older rainsuit with bibs (Frogg Toggs) but managed to get soaked, not a dry thread on me. Looking for some information on a good rainsuit for about $200. Thanks in advance.
    Go to a work clothes store. Ask for the rain suit that utility men use. 10 years ago, I got a heavy duty rain suit for about $60 & have been dry ever since. Like the previous poster siad, bibbs with a jacket.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    For all of this you may consider Scuba Gear
    ha ha. I use to spend hours in my wet suit and it's not much fun. Talk about chaffing! LOL

Neopreme is not very comfortable and you sweat inside them a lot. At the end of the day the neopreme booties are filled with sweat.

So I bought some new Frogg Toggs with the Toad Skin outer lining. I have not had a chance to use them in the rain yet. But they look much sturdier than the first Frogg Toggs Rain suit that I got about 3 years ago.

The old suit worked ok in a light rain. I won't really be fishing in a heavy rain as they usually are assiciated with lighting and thunder and high winds. I get off the water when it's going to storm.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Cabela's that I paid about $180 for jacket and bibs. Have NEVER gotten wet when using it, and it's super on colder, windy days with warm clothes underneath.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree a good rain suit is worth the investment. And when it does start to fail you can use Gear Aid revivex to keep the water proofing like new. i used it on my 3 year old suit and it's like a new one. Tackle Wearhouse sells it.. A good quality suit should last for many years.