Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky Derby - The Winner Is.......

DIALED IN - The name says it all. I don't bet by names but this happens to be my pick. Won at Churchill Downs last November while getting a terrible trip. Won both the Holy Bull and Florida Derby on the speed favoring Gulfstream Track while coming from behind. He is a closer but is athletic enough to change gears to maneuver thru traffic. He will get a hot pace to run at and I am not sold on Uncle Mo. His trainer is 2 time Derby winning Nick Zito, enough said. His workout at 1/2 mile last week was spectacular closing the last furlough in 11 3/5. I love his running style, the hot pace he will get in front of him and Ziti is one of the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kentucky Derby - The Winner Is.......

Just checked the program and personally I don't think any of them can win it..LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Just checked the program and personally I don't think any of them can win it..LOL
    Certainly not a superb crop of 3 year olds. If Uncle Mo's clunker in the Wood truly was due to some respiratory infection, then he may be the real deal but not sold on his running style for the Derby and better suited for the Preakness at Pimlico

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Certainly not a superb crop of 3 year olds. If Uncle Mo's clunker in the Wood truly was due to some respiratory infection, then he may be the real deal but not sold on his running style for the Derby and better suited for the Preakness at Pimlico
    I guess I'd probably put a couple on who ever Calvin was riding!

Post Thanks / Like

Twice the Appeal is the name of the horse Borel is riding. He will be easy to spot early for he should be in the bottom 5 as opposed to the top 5. He is a one run closer meaning he is not athletic enough to get on and off the gas so Borel will have to wait until the last minute then say go. He is a closer that has improved the last couple of races but his sire is Sucessful Appeal that did his best running at distances under a mile and I don't remember any of his offspring that have won any major races over a mile. Distance will be an issue so as much as I like him Mr Borel has NO SHOT at hitting the board much less winning the Derby. But that is why we run the race on the track and not on paper

Post Thanks / Like

Figures after looking at all the PP's before the draw I end up with the morning line favorite. I believe I have stated here before at what happens to my horse if Mike Battaglia picks the same horse, I don't have a shot. Since Battaglia sets the morning line, I am dead. How weak is this crop of 3 year olds when a lightly raced horse that has yet to run a 100 Beyer is the Ky Derby favorite? With all the questions around Uncle Mo and no way I can play Dialed In as the favorite or even second choice, then there is only one way to double my money, take it from one pocket fold it in half and put it in the other. If I had to play, I guess it would be Stay Thirsty with Santiva with Dialed In, in trifecta boxes exacta boxes.

I will say for all you fellas that don't follow the sport that Uncle Mo's owner has so much respect for horse racing that if he did not think his horse was ready then he would not have entered him. He is not the type to enter just to keep another horse from running or just in case Mo will be ready. He is entered so he is ready. So either put him on top or throw him out because if Mo is healthy then he should win against this field.

Kentucky Oaks is where the money will be made with Holy Heaven. Yes, Holy Heaven at 50-1 morning line is my Oaks pick. 50-1 LOCK STOCK COD LOCK. Yes the favorite Joyful Victory waxed her last by 8 lengths but Joyful had it all her own way. Holy Heaven will get the right pace to run at and turns the tables at a BIG number
    Last edited by elnutsmalljaws; 05-04-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Elwood, when I bet my "farm" and lose can I come live with you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    Elwood, when I bet my "farm" and lose can I come live with you?
    Come on down. My daughter and grand-daughter have been here for 6 weeks but we can make room for a few more. My boat is sitting in the garage going nowhere so we can convert that to sleep a couple comfortably. That leaves the back deck, couch and love seat for a few more. The more the better

Post Thanks / Like

Can't pick a winner. My only bet is gonna be $20 Show on Twinspired.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a TON of Borel money on Twice the Appeal. He should be around 30-1 but is 7-1 in the early betting. 29-1 overseas, where there is not much of the Borel factor. If Borel brings Twice the Appeal home and wins this Derby, I will give up fishing, gambling, breathing and Fishin.com all together

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    There is a TON of Borel money on Twice the Appeal. He should be around 30-1 but is 7-1 in the early betting. 29-1 overseas, where there is not much of the Borel factor. If Borel brings Twice the Appeal home and wins this Derby, I will give up fishing, gambling, breathing and Fishin.com all together

Fast track=shackleford

Mud is anybodies guess

Post Thanks / Like

I am going with a Brilliant Speed, Stay Thirsty, Dialed in Exacta box. Wish me luck!