Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Some guys have all the luck

A buddy of mine was at the Derby and was up a few hundred so he decided to let it ride on the Derby. His buddy was up as well so they were going to bet almost a $1000 on the race. He liked Nehro, #16, and they would key him Jon top in several trifectas and exactas. His wife wanted him to bet $2 across the board on Animal Kingdom, #19. It was getting close and they were writing down all kinds of horses to use underneath in the exotics. He gives his buddy the sheet to bet with his chicken scratch on it and then off to the bathroom. His buddy plays the across the board bet on Animal Kingdom and with post time looming and crowds in line still wanting to bet. He ended up playing all the exotic bets with Animal Kingdom on top instead of Nehro. The race is running when my buddy gets back from the bathroom and looks at the tickets and says what the hell, the 16 should be on top not the 19. But too late for he was only mad for 2 minutes when Animal Kingdon won the race. $3900 tri 2 times and $328 exacta 10 times = $11,000 mistake. His buddy messes up and bets the wrong number on top and they hey back $11,000 must be nice

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some guys have all the luck

Let me assure you all my buddies dumb mistakes never profited me. Far from it.