Search Fishin.com

Thread: HDS 4.0 Update

Post Thanks / Like

HDS 4.0 Update

Has anyone attempted to download the new Lowrance HDS update? I'm having a problem with the download being saved on the sd card. Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HDS 4.0 Update

Quote Originally Posted by E-TECH 200 View Post
    Has anyone attempted to download the new Lowrance HDS update? I'm having a problem with the download being saved on the sd card. Any help would be appreciated.
    You have to download it to your computer. At this point it is a .exe file. You then open the file on your computer and let the install wizard start doing it's thing. It will ask you where to save it and then save it to your SD card which has to be at least 1 gig.

You cannot load this .exe download directly to your HDS unit. It must be opened first. Once the wizard is done you should have 4 files on your SD card.

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^what he said. Run that .exe, put the card into the graph, hit the power button and it'll be done in about a minute or two.

Post Thanks / Like

I have done all that and it tells me it is "finished" and was saved to the sd card. But when you look to see the files on the card, it shows that the card is empty!!! I'm using a 2 GB card. Have emailed Lowrance on Monday, they have yet to reply!!

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried deleting the .exe file and trying from scratch again? Sounds like somethign may be up with the PC.

This update has been talked about heavily here www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?id=673554

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E-TECH 200 View Post
    I have done all that and it tells me it is "finished" and was saved to the sd card. But when you look to see the files on the card, it shows that the card is empty!!! I'm using a 2 GB card. Have emailed Lowrance on Monday, they have yet to reply!!
    Make sure the save to directory is the sd card. Sounded like it was save to another location.

Post Thanks / Like

Called Lowrance this pm. Problem solved!! Talked to a nice fisherman from Lowrance that was very helpful. My card needed to be formated. He showed me a shortcut to the three files and BAM we were there. Now loaded on the card and ready to go!!