Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Beaver Lake Bass Tournaments

Would like to ask how many anglers would be interested in fishing tournaments once a month on Beaver for the next 4 mos. and having a get together at the end of the year for angler of the year fish-off...As most of you have heard fish and wildlife came in and had taken about a thousand small fish and moved them to Guist creek...Since they have done this the quality fish have picked up,
    sure we will struggle getting some to stretch that belly board to 15" but that is the challenge in most tournaments...I am just trying right now to get some response to see if it would be worth my time to put it together...I was thinking maybe having a $20 or $30 entry fee and maybe a $5 big fish pot....Times would be on Saturday evenings starting at 6pm and lasting until 12am...Please give me all the feedback and lets get the ball rolling...Thanks and I cant wait to hear from everyone!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beaver Lake Bass Tournaments

I talked with some fish and wildlife guys at Guist Creek several weeks ago that was relocating over 600 bass they had shocked up out of Beaver that morning. Most all of them were 10 to 13 inches long. I was asking them some questions and they said Beaver has way too many stunted growth juvenile fish, their words. They were going to take upwards to 2000 possibly out of there in a effort to get quality back in the lake.

They said they shocked for four hours and the best bass they saw was 18 inches, with most being the size they released in Guist. Not trying to discourage you or anyboy else just interesting food for thought....

Post Thanks / Like

Well I had fished Beaver the last two weeks (about 5 or 6 days) catching quantities of up to 40 or 50 fish a day...On one occasion I had caught at least 20 to 25 fish in the 14 to 14 1/2 inch range...Another occasion bringing in 5 fish 2 @ over 3lb each, another just under 3lb and 2 fish around 2lb a piece...So I do believe we could have a go at fishing some kinda of tournament and have a good time, sorry dont want to sound upset, but this is what has people backing off, but I fish it on a regular basis with success...Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

That lake is busy enough on a good Saturday, where you plan on fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday evening from 6pm - 12am....Most boats have thinned out by then, believe the business they are getting right now is pan fisherman...That now is slowing down with the pan going on the nest it was slowing down the other night, the day before it was busy fishing pan fishing turned off, the next night 4 boats on the lake...Most nights when I am there, there might be a handful of bass fisherman, we had tournaments back in the 90's with 30-35 boats...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TeeBass View Post
    Well I had fished Beaver the last two weeks (about 5 or 6 days) catching quantities of up to 40 or 50 fish a day...On one occasion I had caught at least 20 to 25 fish in the 14 to 14 1/2 inch range...Another occasion bringing in 5 fish 2 @ over 3lb each, another just under 3lb and 2 fish around 2lb a piece...So I do believe we could have a go at fishing some kinda of tournament and have a good time, sorry dont want to sound upset, but this is what has people backing off, but I fish it on a regular basis with success...Thanks
    Sorry Tee, wasn't trying to rain on the parade man, it really was just some FYI....

Post Thanks / Like

Thats ok...Just wanting to get this started and have a good time...Come on out and join us if you would like, at least we could give this a try, and see what happens...Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Would the format be a buddy tournament or an individual thing? If it is the buddy thing, I will be there. Been looking for some small tournaments to fish with my son in law. I fished there in the weekend tournaments in the 90s too but haven't even seen the lake in more than 10 yrs.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, this will be a buddy tournament Spinnerbaitguy, If you can try and pass the word....I will be looking for a date soon, if I can get more "Im In's" just about 3 more and we can do this and have some fun

Post Thanks / Like

is this lake in lawrenceburg ? if so lake rules say 10 hp limit on motors. can you idle with something bigger?

Post Thanks / Like

yeah numbuts this is a 10 hp rating, I will be in a big motor boat also...They dont allow idle speed...But some people do it anyway, Im not saying you can, you just dont wanna get caught...

Post Thanks / Like

needs some more response's for this tournament so far looks as though we have 8 boats...let me know if you want to be in