Search Fishin.com

Thread: KDFWR Questions

Post Thanks / Like

KDFWR Questions

Maybe some employees or friends can chime in on this one.......

If I want to view information from surveys on fish besides fishing forecasts made available on KDFWR's website (populations in a given area, transplants, etc), who can I talk to or where can I find this info? I would like to put some stories and pondering to rest. I have searched the KDFWR website for possibly a PDF file with this information.

If the info is not available, it should be. Sportsmen should be able to view it and it (surveying) shouldn't be kept low-key (i.e. the Rick Hise report of fish being taken from Dale not too long ago). I know that Rick's report was one example and I have the utmost repect for Rick and his reports on the Hollow. I'm sure that Rick is wondering the same thing -- where were these fish taken to and were they returned?

Myself, an avid fisherman that pays for a license year after year just like most everyone else on this board, would like to know where these fish are being taken to and why. I know that they take them for brood, population enhancement and such. I would just like to know where exactly they are going.

Mods, please don't delete this thread. If you need my contact info, I will be more than willing to provide it....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: KDFWR Questions

I'd try emailing one of the biologists. Every time I've emailed one of them, I've gotten a reply. That may or may not get you the information you want, but it's a good place to start. Here's where you can find the biologists:

http://fw.ky.gov/navigation.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

A legit question, so no reason we would remove it The few times that I have emailed KDFWR I have gotten a response. Had some good email conversations with some of the biologists over the years. When I've run into them on the lakes they have had no problems providing info. Try the link that RoadToad provided and start there.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Look at page 6 in the April issue on info about the smallies at Dale: http://fw.ky.gov/navigation.aspx?cid=584

Post Thanks / Like

I am friends of a few of the biologists in this area and they are top notch gentleman. I'm sure if you emailed them they would respond. They too are fisherman and would understand your questions or concerns.

Post Thanks / Like

I found some interesting info regarding tournament weights.
    http://fw.ky.gov/pdf/basstour2009.pdf