Search Fishin.com

Thread: TFO BVK

Post Thanks / Like

TFO BVK

Casted the new Temple Fork BVK rod tonight and it is SWEET! Very good price range and I love this rod. If you guys are in the market for a new rod you owe it to yourself to check this one out.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TFO BVK

I'll have to check that one out when I'm back in the market for one...thx Tim! Glad you like the new rod...now, go rip some lips with it!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't purchased it yet Rich, but I have already made plans to do so. I am in the market for three rods, the BVK in 6 weight being one. I am also getting the new White River Intruder 10 weight. It is based on the same blacnk as the Sage Bass rod (I forget the actual name) and I am looking to buy a short 3 weight for the freestone Smoky Mountain streams.

For some reason my wife doesn't think I need any of these rods!

Post Thanks / Like

Just explain to your wife Tim, that your fly rods are like her purses....you need a different one for every occasion!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. On Thursday, I CRUNCHED my 5 Wt....another story, posted on another thread. Anyway, good news is I was in Lexington, so post haste to Sportsman's Warehouse.

After looking at several of their offerings, I selected a TFO, 5 wt, 9 Ft, 2 pc. Not the BVK, but a Lefty signature rod. Fished it today, and very pleased with the way it cast. Beats the H... out of the Readington I had. Not sure why, other than I can say the tip of the TFO is a bit stiffer then than that of the Readington (held the two side by side, while placing the tip on the floor and observing the degree of bend). The clerk at the store mentioned they would be getting the BVK and wondered who Lefty was naming this rod after...LOL...

Post Thanks / Like

He really didn't know that it was Bernard V. Kreh? He works in the fly fishing section? Scary!