Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville is looking good.................!

For those that may be interested Tville is looking great, water color is excellent with very little floating timber in the water . I am hearing good reports on just about any species you are looking for especially bass and cats. Launching a boat at The state park is no problem at all......Good luck , Swift

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Taylorsville is looking good.................!

Thanks Swift. I was wanting to run the boat, now I know where. trip planned next week on the pontoon with some old friends. If anyone knows where I should start for some cats on taylorsville, shoot me a message. I've never had much trouble catching panfish and bass there, I'm just a terrible catfisherman. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jarrod, its Jason...Have you been out to Tville yourself and fished? I havent been at all yet, due of course to the high rain but have been impatiently waiting for Tville to get back down to something reasonable...Wasnt sure how the fishing would be affected by all of the rain...Hope your doing good Jarrod, see ya at the lake sometime I'm sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to T-Ville today, and water was real clear. Still a little high, but not to bad. I think the core of engineers said 28 feet above pool still. Actually fished down at the tailwaters. Caught a few bluegill on some red worms, and netted a bucket full of shad before i destroyed my cast net. I had to get in the water to get the net out of one jam, and water was a little cold, to me anyway. Ended up having to cut the net apart in another jam, therefore destroying it. I did get most of it back though, only a small piece of the bottom rope and a few of the sinkers where left. I hate littering. Didn't catch anything on the shad or night crawlers out in the current. Lost like 8 bucks worth of sinkers and barrel swivels. Stupid fish lol. Was the first time I had been down there, and it is a nice set up. Very family friendly.

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on hitting the lake around 9:00 am Tuesday morning....maybe earlier if I can get the wife to drop the kids off at school....right when the cats start biting. Sadly, with all the rain and building a house, this is my first trip of the year out with my boat. I'll let ya know how many I catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Myself and a buddy are going back on wednesday. We will either fish the **** or the tailwaters, as we dont have a boat. But I saved a **** tonne of those shads, and if i run out i know there is an abundant supply at the tailwaters now. Gonna chop those up and have a blast. What depth do you think I should try? The **** is super deep, and the Engineers say the water past 50 feet is unsuitable for fish, so I dont think I should go all the way to the bottom at the ****. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

I like fishing 6-8 foot of water with jugs. 5 foot line will be within striking distance almost the whole time. I've never had much luck over 12 foot. I fish out from Van Buren.

Post Thanks / Like

The cats were lively before the storm hit Sat. pm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KYCatfish View Post
    I like fishing 6-8 foot of water with jugs. 5 foot line will be within striking distance almost the whole time. I've never had much luck over 12 foot. I fish out from Van Buren.
    Sunday Van Buren was still closed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishincreek View Post
    Sunday Van Buren was still closed.
    and this is why this site is PRICELESS sometimes. Thank you very much for letting me know this. I usually put in at Chowning but I'm sure it would be the same....especially with 3" pouring down as I type this.

Thanx again