Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Chapman at Slugger Field Thursday

Wild Thing is down on rehab, and tentatively scheduled to start for the Bats Thursday. I'll be there to watch the festivities. I still say that this guy's never going to be worth the money the Reds are throwing at him. Human beings just aren't meant to throw a baseball 105 mph. That's why he keeps losing his control, and getting hurt, and he always will.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chapman at Slugger Field Thursday

Dang, I wish it was Saturday instead. since we have tickets to that game. T are you suprised they are starting him since he has been in the pen since he got called up last year? My guess is they just want him to get some innings regardless of where they come from.

Also, is Dontrelle Willis still with the Bats?

Post Thanks / Like

Has there ever been a more exciting pitcher that couldn't throw a strike....Maybe John Rocker? Rick Ankiel back when he was a pitcher?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not surprised they're starting him. I figure they want him to throw x number of pitches no matter what. Yes, Dantrelle is still with the Bats, currently on the 7-day DL.

Post Thanks / Like

Chapman?, when did King Rex start playing Baseball? I guess getting dunked on by Jordan all those years Rex figured if MJ could try it so could he

Post Thanks / Like

I hope nobody went to the ballgame because of my post. I swear, they WERE talking about him starting last night. But it ended up being Scott Carroll. I think Chapman may start on Sunday, but what do I know?

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you are right RT. We were going to go tonight, but decided to go tomorrow instead. Then found out the Volquez pitched tonight! Hopefully they trot out Chapman Sunday. I didn't get to see him when he was here originally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    I hope you are right RT. We were going to go tonight, but decided to go tomorrow instead. Then found out the Volquez pitched tonight! Hopefully they trot out Chapman Sunday. I didn't get to see him when he was here originally.
    If they do, it won't be as a starter; Tom Cochran is starting tonight. But I suppose they are keeping in the same role he plays for the Reds. That was a great game last night! Danny Dorn hit a 2-run homer in the bottom of the 8th to break the tie. Then in the top of the ninth, with the bases loaded and the Bats up only one run, Kris Negron dove to make a double play to end the game. Great stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Well just got home. Bats started Brandon Hynick and looked good until the 5th. Chapman came on in the 8th. and retired the side striking out two. He hit 102 once and 101 a few times. As good as he looked in the 8th he looked equally bad in the 9th. He gave up four runs and was yanked. Bats lost 8-4. Still had a good time.

Post Thanks / Like

Volquez is starting again tonight. This is probably the last game of this home stand I'll make, it's just too damned hot.