Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Fish Nolin this week?

Haven't been on it in a month since late April but wondering if anyone's been doing any good? I've heard some reports of a some fish being caught on spinnerbaits and soft plastic jerkbaits around flooded trees and bushes. Any reports appreciated....thx.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone Fish Nolin this week?

Can't tell you about the lake but Nolin River rose 10' with recent rains and still running about 5' high. Muddy ol head waters. Can make for muddy ol lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Made it on the water finally on Sunday morning from 7-11am. With the water dropping nearly 2 ft per day, decided to fish bluffs and steep points mainly away from bank and threw big DD22's and spinnerbaits, buzz baits and flukes early around bushes as well. Nothing, Notta, Nil, Zilch. Didn't mark any fish to speak of on graph while looking in 10-25ft. Thought for sure they would pulled out a bit deeper suspended with dropping water.

Fished again Monday morning but only from 9-11am. Immediately went to sharp points with flooded trees where the old bank line was in 14' or so and began pitching a Paca Craw on a T-rig with heavey weight to keep the fall right in the bushes/tree tops. In two hours caught 3 small keepers (16") and 7 good slots all around 14"+...lost 3 fish at boat and probably missed another 4-5 bites. What a difference a day makes. Should pulled up tighter on Day 1. No bigguns, but I ain't complaining.

Did not see much topwater at all this weekend, but with this heat coming for a week, I believe the "jumps" that Rich is looking for will be coming soon.

Lake is still on a heavy draw right now and should be at or just above summer pool by Monday 6/7.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing you live near Nolin Lake? I am looking for some info on fishing down there. We rented a house in mid June off of Noah Stevenson Road in Bee Springs. I live in Northern KY. Any ideas on where to go on the lake? Never been there before. Looking to find a few bass, or maybe even some crappie. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Saw your post, thought i's hollar back. I live about 3 miles from where you're renting. By mid june, the lake should be down to summer pool or close. The bass should be on main lake points, and mouths of creeks. You may get lucky and hit the "stripe jumps", i fished yesterday and did'nt see any. They may start in another week. Tr

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the daily water level report from Corps site...it updates around 8AM everyday is taken at 6AM

http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/wc/reports/lkreport.html

Here's another that updates hourly throughout the day...

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?03310900

Only 12 feet above right now annd they've been drawing it around 2 ft a day for the past 3 days now. It should be at summer pool by late this weekend if they keep it up. Both Corps guys I spoke to this weekend said they were going all the way down to a foot above and then stopping.

I'm not quite as lucky as BigT and get to LIVE there, but I'm close...I spend most weekends there at my cabin in Dog Creek. Agree with him that, by mid-June, points at creek mouths and main lake will be the best. You are at an area where you can really fish the whole lake since you are near Moutradier/Brier Creek/Piney Creek and not too far to run down to Dam or up to Conoloway/Ponderosa/Dog Creek/Wax.

There should also be some jumps for both white bass and Ky's with an occasional LM by then as well if it's anything like last year. It's jump fishing, which isn't incredibly sporting or challenging, but a ton of fun when they are on and makes it easier to stock up for a fish fry!

Post Thanks / Like

I fished nolin sat and sunday morning from about 10 am till 1 pm both days. Mainly fished for bluegill but could only catch a few. The ones I did catch were nice. all males. I didnt have any luck at all bass fishing. Water is currently 7 ft above summer pool and going down 2.5 ft per day. They got the spillway WIDE open. Headed back tom for the weekend. I plan on setting alot of limb lines and tryin to get some nice cats. and the bass should be on.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Big T, Ranger, and Newt.....I really do appreciate it. Compeletely new lake to me. I'm very excited to get down there and see what we can get into.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished it Sat and Sunday, in Renagade Tourney, we had 11.42 lbs and our big fish weighed 4.42, was late putting chip on borad so weight was not counted, brain farts, lol lol. Lake was almost summer pool sun was up some Sat. Saturday had best 5 around 13 + -, caught lot off keepers and slots, also a lot of under 12 in fish,had one SAt close to 7lbs on, let her jump off at boat to save for sun, Lost her sunday also along with another one close to 5. Water was in the upper 80's, had some color. Big fish were on points deep already. Sun with in 5 casts I had one 4 fish and landed two the 4.42 and a big slot, lost the other two big ones, hardest fighting fish I have had on in a while. Nolin is good lake, somem heafty bags brouht in, took over 14 to cash a ck.