Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Question Kayaking in Central Kentucky

I live in Richmond, and fell in love with kayak fishing. I usually fish Stoner Creek, but am looking for new waters to explore. I know about Elkhorn, and I live near Boonesboro, but where else do you guys fish using kayaks? I like going places that aren't fished a lot, and always throw back everything I catch. Care to share or send me a PM....thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kayaking in Central Kentucky

Rockastle River in Livingston....google it and you can find places to put in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goosecreekguy View Post
    I live in Richmond, and fell in love with kayak fishing. I usually fish Stoner Creek, but am looking for new waters to explore. I know about Elkhorn, and I live near Boonesboro, but where else do you guys fish using kayaks? I like going places that aren't fished a lot, and always throw back everything I catch. Care to share or send me a PM....thanks for the help!
    You need to pm "raincheck" he's a yaking master when it comes to fishing out of a kayak.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll echo the suggestion of the Rockcastle River. That sure is a scenic trip. I've only been on it once, but I'd like to go back.

The Green River is another one to look at.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I will PM Mr. Adolph (raincheck) soon for his advice. I thought about GR, but didn't even consider Rockcastle, even though I love fishin Woodcreek Lake. I googled it, but I have no idea where a good place with water to fish would be to put in would be. I'm not familiar with that area. Any suggestions on areas of the Rockcastle (or anywhere else) that would be suited for some kayak fishing? PM me if you don't want to post it. Thanks for the help again fellas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goosecreekguy View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I will PM Mr. Adolph (raincheck) soon for his advice. I thought about GR, but didn't even consider Rockcastle, even though I love fishin Woodcreek Lake. I googled it, but I have no idea where a good place with water to fish would be to put in would be. I'm not familiar with that area. Any suggestions on areas of the Rockcastle (or anywhere else) that would be suited for some kayak fishing? PM me if you don't want to post it. Thanks for the help again fellas.
    As someone else said, we put in on the Rockcastle close to Livingston. We took out before the whitewater section. It's been a couple of years. It was all pretty fishable, but we didn't catch many fish. I had a nice walleye follow my crankbait in on one cast.

Post Thanks / Like

For kayaking or a canoe, the two most fun trips I've been on in central Ky were on the Elkhorn and the Dix River (below Herrington Lake). Fishing them in the summer is always a great time, especially since the Dix is so cool, and I tend to turn over on the Elkhorn with those rapids! Ha ha ha!

Post Thanks / Like

I will be camping at Still Waters at the mouth of Elkhorn 10days or more.I'll have 2 Kayaks with me if anyone is around lets do some fishing.I plan on staying till i find a hunny hole for SM & where the LM hide.I think i'll have too have my best day since taking up kayak fishing too win the RiverBassin tournment on the 27th.Anyway i'll have fun trying.
    River Basser
    Terry Adolph