Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jim Tressel Resigns from Ohio State

Well Jim Tressel decided to do the right thing (it took a while) but he resigned today. I guess the former wide receiver that came out over the weekend and said he received improper benefits, discount prices on cars from a local dealership and other stuff was the last straw. The Vest is gone and my bet is OSU will still get hammered with penalties. Michigan stinks the rest of the Big Ten stink so it looks like Nebraska will dominate for the near future.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jim Tressel Resigns from Ohio State

Columbus Dispatch said The Vest had no intentions of resigning but the AD gave him the option so it was a FORCED RESIGNATION. Still showed no character in that he did not volunteer resign but was basically fired.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what is going to come out now. What type of allegations will there be now.

Post Thanks / Like

As the plot THICKENS. Terrell Pryor is now being investigated for getting stopped by police for traffic violations 3 times last year and he was driving 3 different cars from a local dealership. One of these was a Denali and Monday he drove away in a 350ZX, both pretty nice rides for a college kid who said he sold signed stuff and rings last year because he needed money to pay the rent. Plus they are saying way more than the original 5 sold stuff to the tattoo parlor. Between selling stuff to the tattoo parlor, automobiles being "loaned" to players as daily drivers, cars being "sold" to players and their families at discounts not available to the public, The Vest playing ineligible players that he absolutely knew were ineligible, then not reporting the violations and lying to the NCAA when violations were reported. This is just getting started. I see MAJOR sanctions for OSU and The Vest being suspended for 3 years at least. This will impact OSU for a decade of sanctions, lost scholarships, high profile players not committing out of high school to the point that they will be lucky to get in the top half of the Big Ten. Penn State and Nebraska will own the conference for the next few years and Michigan later if they can get it turned around

Post Thanks / Like

Justice!! I love it when someone gets caught cheating any system. I deal with dirty rotten scum all the time in construction. I lose major projects due to back door deals and folks not following the guidlines set forth by laws.
    I say once the investigation is over and all the evidence is found and the charges stick then punish him, guilty players and the school to the highest degree and make an example. I hate thieves and that's what this program has become in my eyes. They stole from other programs who are innocent (until proven otherwise).
    If this was going on with UK, UF or UL I would say the same thing! I can't stand folks who feel they are above the law.

Post Thanks / Like

Terrell Pryor is DUMBER than I thought. He showed up Monday to meet with the team when The Vest announced his resignation driving a 350 ZX. He wave to the cameras dressed to the nines with that "cat just ate the canary" smug smile. He leaves at a pretty good rate of speed driving the same 350ZX. This was all caught on camera but the problem is HIS LISCENSE WERE SUSPENDED BACK IN FEBRUARY!!! You talk about a kid that thinks he is above the law. How much stuff do you have to do wrong with no penalty to be so arrogant to show up with a ton of cameras covering the story driving a car that will stick out like a sore thumb? He has played his last game at The Ohio State University. I smell supplemental draft to the NFL but he better hope they don't consider honesty, integrity, honor and following team rules into the equation

Post Thanks / Like

Rumor has it that Tressell and the Buckeye's were cheating hard in order to get their football program moved to the SEC!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Rumor has it that Tressell and the Buckeye's were cheating hard in order to get their football program moved to the SEC!
    Awww thats a cheap shot....prolly well deserved but if a program is caught cheating pay the consequences. I say off with their heads!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    The SEC would deny entry into the league by OSU since their football program is not good enough whether they are cheating or not and their basketball program chokes like all other Big Ten programs. Besides, any university that has a President that flat out looks like a Goober who wears plaid bowties are not welcome south of the Mason Dixon Line

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    The SEC would deny entry into the league by OSU since their football program is not good enough whether they are cheating or not
    Then when will they kick UK's football team out?