Search Fishin.com

Thread: Holiday Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Holiday Fishing

First off hope you all had a great Memorial Day and spent a few moments to remember what the day is about. I'm thankful for sure.

Anyway I went fishing for about 5 hours Sunday with Splitshot and then another 8 today and boy was it hot!!! I'm not liking this heat at all!!

I got to witness how the dropshot can work when other techniques are struggling today. So I'm in the dropshot learning mode now!
    Caught fish both days and Saturday was pretty good with topwater hits on the horny toad.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Holiday Fishing

Glad you and Brian got into a few..

Post Thanks / Like

I think this weekend was the first time I've noticed the gas prices really having an effect....I was out there late saturday afternoon and there was no boat traffic and was out there from 2-8 last night and there were a few rippin and roarin but not nearly as many as usual...usually Green is so rough on Memorial Day you hate to be out there but you could actually set er up and run....I was very surprised....However the fishing is still really good even with the pleasure boaters....We finished second in a little tourny sat night and I had 15-20 keepers yesterday afternoon

Post Thanks / Like

I fished a private lake in Indiana with a friend on Friday. We fished from a canoe, caught more large bluegill than anyone has a right to, and caught a few bass. Fly fishing from a canoe is definitely a different perspective!

BTW when buying my Indiana license online, I noticed bald was a hair color option. Finally someone who gets me!

On Saturday morning I hit Otter Creek for a couple of hours and blanked in the high muddy water. Crowd was n ot bad, but I was there early.

Post Thanks / Like

I painted, well I spent more time moving stuff than painting so call it what you want but it wasn't a relaxing day like I had hoped.

Girlfriend and her home desgin shows, I swear I should block that channel or maybe all of the channels except the cooking ones.

Glad you guys got into so fish.