Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Noodling in Northern KY

Looking to see if there were any noodler's in NKY. I have been interested in this technique for a while but can't find anybody who actually does it. Was hoping to find somebody that could show me how to properly do it. If anybody is in the NKY area and willing to help me out please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Noddler

Quote Originally Posted by middie5 View Post
    Looking to see if there were any noodler's in NKY. I have been interested in this technique for a while but can't find anybody who actually does it. Was hoping to find somebody that could show me how to properly do it. If anybody is in the NKY area and willing to help me out please let me know.
    Im not sure where you are located at but I am close to the cave run lake area. I have been noddling for the past 2 years and let me tell you, its like nothing else you will ever do. I started out in a large creek where there are a lot of coal truck tires. This year we caught 4 out of one tire roughly 4 to 5 pounds. I personally will not check banks or anything that is not completely submerged. This year we had checked around a rock that was about the size of a pickup and about 2 foot out of the water. When we came back and were sitting on the tailgate I saw a beaver go under the same rock we had just checked. If you do find someone to go with when you find a hole if the hole goes down there may be a fish in it. But if the hole goes up get out of there quick, most of the time there is an air pocket perfect for beaver, snake and turtle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter215 View Post
    Im not sure where you are located at but I am close to the cave run lake area. I have been noddling for the past 2 years and let me tell you, its like nothing else you will ever do. I started out in a large creek where there are a lot of coal truck tires. This year we caught 4 out of one tire roughly 4 to 5 pounds. I personally will not check banks or anything that is not completely submerged. This year we had checked around a rock that was about the size of a pickup and about 2 foot out of the water. When we came back and were sitting on the tailgate I saw a beaver go under the same rock we had just checked. If you do find someone to go with when you find a hole if the hole goes down there may be a fish in it. But if the hole goes up get out of there quick, most of the time there is an air pocket perfect for beaver, snake and turtle.
    I've always been interested in noodling but that's the stuff that scares me right there. I'm not trying to lose any digits to a beaver or turtle lol.
    Last edited by kevinb2035; 11-04-2013 at 12:36 AM. Reason: misspelled words

Post Thanks / Like
    Mickey Craig, Conservation officer for Pendleton County. He did a show for Ky Afield a couple of years ago on the Ohio River
    near Foster, KY.
    Bassky