Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Any advice for Green River Lake??

Thinking of going Sunday, haven't been there for a while. Anybody got any tips on where the fish are staged? What is the water temp? What are they hitting on?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, are all the ramps back open??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any advice for Green River Lake??

I don't know how much help this is, but I went down last Friday and although I didn't catch many, did have some quality LM up shallow on main lake cuts and banks with flooded brush (channel side). Biggest caught on green pumpkin jig and craw flipping flooded vegetation. Biggest was 17.5", just shy of 4#, with a total of 4 keepers. Obviously, 65 degrees and cloudy are totally different conditions than this week, but may give you a starting point.
    Lone valley ramp is open, I assume State is as well. Lake is only 2.6' up now. Good luck!
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Me and my dad own property on green river, and we went couple weeks ago. But, im sure things are different now. The water then was very swift moving. But we had luck fishing the creek channels running into the river. Only two catfish about 4lbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake will be very close to summer pool by Sunday and from the best I can figure the fish are starting to head deep

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking that they would be moving up to secondary points and getting back out towards the main lake. I talked to some guys that said the water was around 76* last weekend, I believe it will be around 78 this weekend. Hoping for a good bite, but if the family goes, I'll have to head somewhere without as much boat traffic, as the little ones don't like the wake. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Water is in the 80's. Clear in most places (except the main lake bank mud lines from the boat traffic). Fish are mostly deeper. I did have only one 3 pounder (been catching several a trip over 3) in less than 2 feet of water and another probably close to 4 get off that was shallow this morning. Ended up with 11 or 12 keepers and 5 best around 12 pounds. My worst day in a over a month there but still a good day and lots of fun.
    Later and good luck,

Tim
    bassmaster

Post Thanks / Like

Took 16lbs to win the tournament today and around 14 to cash a check...Heard the winning sack came fairlyi deep but apparently the fish are suspended...took almost 14lbs to win a 3 1/2 hour 3 fish tournament tuesday night so i'd say the night bite is quickly coming

Post Thanks / Like

like the nite bite....

Post Thanks / Like

I went yesterday. Fished from 7am to 10:30. I had 5 keepers that went 5 lb 8 oz. Not a large sack, but good enough for me, especially when I haven't been on that lake since the first weekend in April. I caught my fish on main lake points and bluff walls around 7'-10' of water. I'm not a professional, and when the fish go deep, I can't find them.... heck I can't even find any shallow. LOL With the water temps in the low 80's I didn't even go back to the backs of coves. I did catch a 3 lb drum though. Thought I had something until I got it up, but it was fun to catch.

I don't have a clue where the deep brush piles are.... I've got to get on that lake more often... :\

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Any advice for Green River Lake??

Went awhile late last Friday, caught 4 fish around 2 or 3 pounds each in 3 hours. I had my best luck using big ole crankbaits on some rockslide areas. It sure was hot though.