Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hybrid fishing rough today

I took my youngest son today and we got there a little later then I wanted but in spite of it all he caught his first hybrid. We was throwing top water lures for bass and this hybrid was eating shad 15 feet from the boat I said look throw just past him and reel it back and next thing I knew he was hook up with his first stripe, It was only a couple pounds or so but he though he had gill zilla on the line and I'm sure it felt that way with just a 6' medium action rod. He also caught 3 L/M bass keeper size but we let them go back. Told him why we put them back and he said OK ..
    DAD Caught nothing today NOT ONE bite!

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/c...Picture980.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hybrid fishing rough today

Quote Originally Posted by olgreenboat View Post
    I took my youngest son today and we got there a little later then I wanted but in spite of it all he caught his first hybrid. We was throwing top water lures for bass and this hybrid was eating shad 15 feet from the boat I said look throw just past him and reel it back and next thing I knew he was hook up with his first stripe, It was only a couple pounds or so but he though he had gill zilla on the line and I'm sure it felt that way with just a 6' medium action rod. He also caught 3 L/M bass keeper size but we let them go back. Told him why we put them back and he said OK ..

Also went fishing at Rough today. Was surprised at how the fish were biting. We managed to hook into one 5lb striper. Lot of fun to fight one of those fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I talk to some people that live down there and they said they were busting the top of the water last night. We got there a little late this morning but they were just popping up here and there no big boils of fish.
    Maybe in the morning will be better.

I was blown away to see the water temp. was up to 81.5 Deg.
    This is the same thing that happen last year the air temps went from 50's to 90's. and the ohio was un fishable for the most part.
    I hope the odds are with us to have an average or normal spring next year.
    Well I'm off to get a secret stripper lure for in the morning. :>p
    Last edited by olgreenboat; 06-05-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olgreenboat View Post

WTG!!! No matter the size...hybrids/stripers are pound for pound the best fighters out there IMO! I'm going to guess....same place as usual? Take care.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    WTG!!! No matter the size...hybrids/stripers are pound for pound the best fighters out there IMO! I'm going to guess....same place as usual? Take care.

-Rich
    Went to a new spot. It just gets so hot so fast right now. Once the sun comes up the bite is over and It goes for bass fishing as well , We went back the next day and caught 7 bass but once the sun came up pretty good it was all over. it seem to stop about 9 or 9:30 am est. The water looks like it is turning over to me.