Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

small creek in southern jefferson county

I found a small creek that I access from the area called the sand pit, which is off to the right of gene snyder if your heading towards dixie highway. I tracked it on google earth and it dumps into the salt river, not far from the ohio river. I went today and wadded a few feet of it, and caught a bunch of small panfish. Is there anything else (smallies, largemouths, etc) in this little creek? Anyone have any information or tidbits on this little creek? I was using a small inline spinner and was rocking their worlds. Had a blast.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: small creek in southern jefferson county

i think you were in pond creek. if i were you i wouldn't get back in there the water is pretty nasty. but it may not be the one i'm thinking of.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know the stream, but you might want to find out more about it. It very well could be that you were trespassing on someone's property.

Post Thanks / Like

I have eyeballed that creek on google maps a few times and wondered if it had anything in it. I bet it is as nasty as Bear Grass judging by the areas it runs through. This thing is a canal that parallels outer loop right by the city dump. Just sayin.

Post Thanks / Like

I found out it is pond creek. It's part of the Jefferson county watershed program. After some research, I have discovered that it is a pretty dirty and pretty poor creek system. The panfish were biting hard though, and the 5 year old had a blast!

Post Thanks / Like

i fish there for bait sometimes and you aren't lying the panfish are always biting there but you couldn't pay me enough to get in that creek.

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up fishing and SWIMMING in pond creek for 20 years. Mostly around the Leemont Acres area just south of Gene Snyder. There is a rail road bridge that holds alot of fish there. I know there is largemouth, smallmouth and catfish in there. Pretty much anything that is in the river, is in Pond Creek. A friend of mine has caught several smalleys on a crank bait this year and last year but the water level has to be right. I caught several LM last time I fished it on a white spinner bait. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up in 1 mile from pond creek near Snyder. Like already mentioned its full of fish, and you can catch them every time out. Years ago it was a lot cleaner than it is today. I don't know if I would get in that water after some of the things I've seen dumped in sections of that little creek.