Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asian Carp

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Asian Carp

Before I moved here to KY I was thinking of buying some property near Ottawa Ill. the Illinois river was great fishing then, walleye and sauger, and the white bass were spectacular at times.My cousin moved there instead, he is afraid to fish the river now because of the carp.So how did this happen? one story is a flood came along and washed out several catfish farms, they used the carp to clean out algea, they escaped, we inherited them. Some of those same catfish farms are in the same kind of trouble now, whats next?

Post Thanks / Like

I was putting around in that oxbow looking thing near the mouth of the mud river. There was a few of them there. I was really surprised that they somehow made it over the dam there on the green to get where they were.

Catch them and kill them off somehow. Might be a way to make raising hogs profitable again.

Post Thanks / Like

If i catch Asian Carp, I kill them. KFWD told me to kill them and throw them back in. They even let people with out fishing liscenses keep fishing if they said they would do this. So no asian carp on my line will live to ruin another fishing day.

Post Thanks / Like

As one person mentioned table fare, the show I saw said they actually tasted good but the Amercian market couldn't take all the little bones. Also it added that it was not profitable to ship them to Asia, where they are liked. I dunno how that works...we buy from Asia and they make money but not vice versa. Guess it doesn't bring enough money (yet) to make it profitable.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably tariffs on imports. Funny how somether countrys can do that, and we cant. WHY?