Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sarah Palin and Paul Revere

Haven't heard anyone discuss her latest dumb statement.

"He who warned uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."

According to Paul Revere himself, he rode to warn fellow rebels Samuel Adams and John Hancock that the British were coming to arrest them. Revere also explained how he was later seized by a British patrol and under questioning, told British officers that 500 Americans were coming to confront them. He did not fire warning shots or ring bells, nor did he "alarm the country-side, stopping at each house."

According to historians, Captain Issac Hall, the commander of the minutemen, triggered the town's alarm system.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sarah Palin and Paul Revere

It was a BONEHEADED thing to say, and then to back pedal to try to find an explanation is stupid. I wish her handlers would get their head out of their ASSES.

What bugs me more is that she is in the political spotlight, yet Anthony Weiner is a CURRENT SITTING Congressman, and the non coverage from the libTARDS on a sitting congressman versus Palin is astonishing.

COME ON.....cover what needs to be covered.

Palin had a gaff........Obama has gaffs, Biden is a WALKING GAFF, Bush.......well there are tons of books on putting his foot in his mouth. Edwards.......he's going to prison.

And they freakin cover PALIN............****.........

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Sarah Palin and Paul Revere

She's doing her job! Fox wants her to be the bell ringer for the conservative far right wingers, and thats what she is a "ding a ling"

Post Thanks / Like

One if by land two if by sea,and the first part of the ride was by someone else whom you never hear of.Kind of like a team effort (relay race) and only one noted was the one who crossed the finish line so to speak.
    And there were three Paul Revere silversmiths at that time period only one participated.
    So a Paul Revere teapot may not be worth the fortune you think.

Post Thanks / Like

She had a brain fart, big deal, Obama is a walking brain fart and Joe Biden is clinical brain dead. How many times in the last year Tim have you said something just completely stupid and wished you could have taken it back? I bet it was quite a few times as it was for me.

Hey you are cutting that Plexiglass Hip Hop Burress some slack how bout cutting Sarah some. She screwed up, so what.............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    What bugs me more is that she is in the political spotlight, yet Anthony Weiner is a CURRENT SITTING Congressman, and the non coverage from the libTARDS on a sitting congressman versus Palin is astonishing.
    I read Palin's book....she came down pretty hard on the media in a couple of chapters. I'm not saying the media wasn't deserving of what she mentioned in her book, nor am I saying what she wrote is true or false, I suspect it's true though. Media only wants to do what is in the best interest of the media, what's going to get them more viewers, etc. It also goes a little deeper than that (unfortunately), all I know is there's a lot of media people out there who could care less about getting the truth and more about getting the ratings for most watched, most read, etc, regardless of how true or how false or how "stupid" of a comment was made.

As of today...in my opinion...Palin is looking a lot better than any other probable candidiate, both physically and politically ...Palin over Nobama, Biden or Trump?? In a heartbeat as far as I'm concerned. Bottom line is Nobama has GOT to go on somewhere else and get on with his life and enjoying the benefits of living as ex-president while the rest of us get on with what's left of the rest of our lives after the surpreme mess he has made of everything. By the way...you libs do realize don't you that Nobama is fairly young and we could have to continue to pay for supporting him for many many years to come.

Weener....what an idiot!!
    Last edited by Chubminnow; 06-07-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    She had a brain fart, big deal, Obama is a walking brain fart and Joe Biden is clinical brain dead. How many times in the last year Tim have you said something just completely stupid and wished you could have taken it back? I bet it was quite a few times as it was for me.

Hey you are cutting that Plexiglass Hip Hop Burress some slack how bout cutting Sarah some. She screwed up, so what.............
    She gets no slack because some in my party want this intellectually challenged woman to run for POTUS. She has far too many brain farts and she is as fake as h#ll. I think we can do much better, maybe I am delusional!

Edited to add: Buress gets a pass because what he is doing should have been protected under the 2nd amendment.

And George, I am not sure what television you are watching but I keep seeing this Weiner guy on the news 24/7.
    Last edited by Tim_T; 06-07-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    I think we can do much better, maybe I am delusional!
    I would like to think our country could provide much better candidates on both sides...but it sure isn't looking very good as of today. Considering all possible candidates that I'm seeing as being our next president, Palin is looking very qualified for the job at this point in my opinion. Unless someone here knows of a candidate (republican or democrat either one) that shows more promise than her then I'd like to know who it is so I can do some research on the individual.

All serious suggestions will be considered.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to know more about Arizona Governor Jan Brewer. I like her stance on border control in her state, but I don't know a whole lot about her. I was also interested in NJ Governor Christie, but his gaffe of using the state helicopter and 100 yard limo ride to his son's baseball game is a little hypocritical. Still, I would choose him over Palin right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    She gets no slack because some in my party want this intellectually challenged woman to run for POTUS. She has far too many brain farts and she is as fake as h#ll. I think we can do much better, maybe I am delusional!
    Fine...........

I will take her over all the lying sob's on the Democrat ticket.

I cannot for the life of me understand why you folks think she's so stupid. I think she is not polished, but certainly not as intellectually challenged as you think.

I personally believe she'd do just fine.

Much better than Edwards, much better than Biden, much better than the current Obama, maybe not as good as H. Clinton, probably better than Bush 2, much better than Kerry, much better than.............well QUITE a FEW.

Just keep saying she's stupid, because every bit of negative press POLARIZES folks that want her to succeed.

You know...the front runner for the pubs is supposed to be Romney, yet when she showed up, EVERYONE wanted to be a part of the Palin parade. Not saying it is right or wrong, but she is polarizing......

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

OK she had a brain fart, you're right, it's no big deal, she just seems to have a rather flatulent brain. It's also no big deal for everyone to get a good chuckle out of it. After all, she IS in the political spotlight, so if she says something like that, guess what? It's going to get reported!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post
    I would like to think our country could provide much better candidates on both sides...but it sure isn't looking very good as of today. Considering all possible candidates that I'm seeing as being our next president, Palin is looking very qualified for the job at this point in my opinion. Unless someone here knows of a candidate (republican or democrat either one) that shows more promise than her then I'd like to know who it is so I can do some research on the individual.

All serious suggestions will be considered.
    Sad, sad story, wish I knew, but I keep looking and a hoping.. Remember a class in political science I took back in the 60's and discussion turned to why we can't get good/qualified candidates run for office. Best I can recall. we concluded that all the intelligent ones already have good jobs. So, we are left with the rest....................Sad....sad....but so true.........