Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kentucky Lake Lakeside Hotel and Marina Recommendations

Mine and Joe B Hall's favorite place BEE SPRING LODGE.

Post Thanks / Like

We have narrowed (ok my wife did) it down to these three locations (part of the decision was dictated by lack of availability at some of the ones we liked)

Harbor House

Rose of the Lake

Sportsmans Club

Any feedback on these?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlawson435 View Post
    Mine and Joe B Hall's favorite place BEE SPRING LODGE.
    Man you got that right. We always stop for breakfast or lunch. Big breakfast with real red eye gravey. Angus Cheeseburgers and they won't let you leave if you've not had desert. Great place, drive to on the water, west side between Bear & Johnathon.

Post Thanks / Like

Back from the trip and I must say that my wife is the one that picked the hotel, thank god. She picked Sportsman Lodge and the people were nice but the trailers there were, WOW, bad. We looked around and lighthouse landing and green turtle were real nice. But we will probably stay at a VRBO house next time. We could have had one on Barkley that was nice with its own dock but it was a little more but it would have been worth it. Oh well lesson learned. Thanks everyone. Ate repeatedly at Patti's 1880 Settlement. It was AWESOME!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpm537 View Post
    My wife and I are looking to go to Kentucky Lake for our anniversary in late June. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good lakeside hotel with a marina where we could rent a boat to fish from. Any tips are greatly appreciated. I know finding a place with openings will be tough this late but gotta give it a shot. Hey its for a woman willing to go fishing for an anniversary trip
    Call Katie at Poplar Creek Lodge, 270-388-9467, tell her Elwood sent you. They are on North Barkley but less than a mile from the ramp in Poplar Creek where you can rent a boat and catch a ton if fish and not fight the waves on the main lake. Plus there is a King Bed in the Honeymoon suite roadside motel but Katie WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU. Not plush accommodations but VERY CLEAN and some good eats close and Patti's just down the road

Post Thanks / Like

Moore's Resort and Marina have been a sponsor of this site for very many years.

Please give them a shout.

http://moorsresort.com/

Peter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpm537 View Post
    Back from the trip and I must say that my wife is the one that picked the hotel, thank god. She picked Sportsman Lodge and the people were nice but the trailers there were, WOW, bad. We looked around and lighthouse landing and green turtle were real nice.
    Wish I had seen this sooner...yeah, that's not really a good one to pick if you're taking the wife....

A lot of low budget places in the area are excellent if all you need is a place to sleep the night before a tournament. You best pay a little more if taking the wife.

The state parks are all nice. I like Barkley Lodge the best, because it has the biggest and most awesome pool with a view of the lake. Definitely wife friendly too. The lodge restaurant is nice as well, and they used to have a seafood buffet on weekends, but I'm not sure if they still do that or not. I used to get my money's worth on the shrimp!

Post Thanks / Like

May I ask why I can't find any feedback about Cedar Knob Resort?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FlatLander View Post
    May I ask why I can't find any feedback about Cedar Knob Resort?
    I don't know of many that have stayed there, but I did grow up in the area and know of the place quite well. There's not much around the place (like a restaurant), the location on the lake isn't real favorable unless you plan on pretty much staying in Jonathan Creek (which is great for crappie) and if I recall correctly silting is an issue at the marina, meaning that if the water is somewhat low you may have trouble launching if the marina isn't current on their dredging schedule. Location and "creature comforts" are usually the most important to people, and Cedar Knob is a little bit lacking on those. Cedar Knob is still stuck in 1970, so much so that even the pictures on the website confirm it...it needs a major face-lift before I'll start sending people there instead of Moors. Moors is just hard to beat for that area of the lake!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your insight. I have already committed to staying there and will let you know what I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FlatLander View Post
    Thanks for your insight. I have already committed to staying there and will let you know what I think.
    Please do. What kind of rate are they charging now?

Post Thanks / Like

$575.00 for the week and $100.00 for boat & motor. I thought was very reasonable and keeps me from shore fishing all week.