Search Fishin.com

Thread: Were booked!

Post Thanks / Like

Were booked!

At my age this may be the last time my son and I get to do some serious fishing.Pickwick lake is the choice.He lives in atlanta, me in glasgow, about a 5 hr drive for either of us.Too old to drive to upper michigan, and far to expensive, him being a teacher limits our fall and winter trips, besides he had his daughter to take care of. Lake Lanier is real crowded now, as are most lakes and watching water skiers and tubers and jet skis isn't what fishing is about.The corp cancelled the cumberland river for us, My boat now isn't big enough for lake michigan.But what ever gonna enjoy the heck out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Were booked!

Have a GREAT TRIP..........

I've always wanted to to pickwick. I just have not been able to put the time or effort together to do that.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Wishing you the best of luck on your trip. Time spent with family is priceless -- I wish I could still fish with my father.

I hope that your trip is one with memories that will last a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

More years than I care to remember, was a little league dad, coached,and prodded my kid to be a ball player, one day I asked him if he wanted to play ball, he took a moment and said he was playing because of me, and he didn't like it.At that time I was into tourny fishing with my cousin, gone friday, come home sunday.He asked me why I didn't take him fishing. That ended the tournaments for me.Man did we fish,The coho and king salmon were red hot at that time, and he caught a few of those, plus a nice 11pound steelhead,After he graduated college, he moved south, was an exec with pepsico, traveled all over even to africa and europe.He bought a house outside of atlanta, and another one on a lake in central Ga. Then his wife died of cancerm 43 yrs old, left him with an 11 yr old daughter.My wife died soon after different cancer,Trips got fewer and further between.We can never get passed time back, so if you got a son or a dad, remember, do it now, would have could have should have are words we hear so often. To late.

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy the trip and time with your son, as well as the granddaughter. Hold on, bobber down!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

From the time my son was old enough to hold a fishing rod, I had him fishing, first for catfish in a pond on base at Cherry Point, NC. Then we moved back to Monticello, I started with a 1968 Crosby Sled fishing boat, and we continued the fishing, then we upgraded to a Stratos 17.5, I would have the boat hooked up to the truck and waiting on him to get off of the school bus. Then his mother and I divorced and the time we had together was cut short, yet still every now and then we would go fishing and camping. He is gone now, passed away in Feb and I would give anything in the world to be able to take him fishing again. He left us with a 1 yr old grand daughter and a grandson to be born in late August. I fully intend to give them the same. I think fishing is a very important thing for family to experience together, and as often as possible. I wish you the very best of luck and glad that you will be able to spend the time with your son and grand daughter.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a fun and safe trip kygorski