Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

otter creek on ft knox

Went to otter creek on Ft Knox and caught a 13 or so inch Rainbow trout. Weighed about a pound. Only there about an hour, and spent a lot of time unhooking snags and whatnot. Caught it on a small inline spinner. Saw a few more fish, but the water was so clear I think I scared most away before I could catch them. The one that I caught was in a deeper (3 feet as opposed to 1 foot of water) fast moving water hole, where I don't think he could see me very well. Cant wait to go back, as it was gorgeous, and i only found 3 deeper holes. I'm sure there are more there, that might hold some good fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: otter creek on ft knox

you had a permit to be there right? if not you can't pass under the bridge when you start at the parking lot. just thought i would save you from getting in trouble if you weren't aware.

Post Thanks / Like

was hoping he was fishing from highway 1638 to the ohio river. going the other way without a permit could get you in big trouble. Many years ago when you could swim in otter creek off highway 60 it was great. As boy scouts we took canoes from highway 60 all the way to the river. water was a little deeper then and we had to many times get out and drag the canoe but boy there where some great fishing hole thru there. remember several deep hole down stream toward the ohio also. Above the bridge at Highway 60 used to be some waterfalls you could intertube down

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from there a little bit ago. We fished in the park. Waded from Blue Hole all the way to 1638. 10 hours of wading and fishing it was great. Smallmouth bite was off, believe they are getting ready to spawn. Saw a few up on beds and watch one chasing a bluegill in circles. Plenty of trout to be had.

Post Thanks / Like

closer to the river there are some deep holes, well I will say used to be been years since I have fished it. Me and two other guys went from 1638 to the ohio river once not so much fishing just checking it out. used to be years ago some great places to fish from highway 60 to 1638 but Ft Knox makes it hard to fish all that area anymore