Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

New Fishing Club in southeast KY

I am considering trying to start a fishing club beginning in February 2012 and was curious on whether or not any one on here would be interested. Would fish Laurel lake, Douglas lake, Cherokee, Wood Creek lake, Lake Cumberland, and Dale Hollow lake, with a fish off at the end of the year with 80% payout in cash and the rest in prizes at every meet, and any fees that would occur (tourney permits, ins. etc). The fish off would pay 100 % minus any type of fees it would cost to have. A 1 time 50.00 fee would be required ( which 40.00 of it would go toward fish off and the rest would go toward any fees and toward prizes) If any one would be interested or if you have any questions just shoot me a p.m. I am not wanting to profit any off this just have some good fishing days and nights lined up.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Fishing Club in southeast KY

That sounds good, just getting enough people will be the problem. Every Tom, **** and Harry have a club. Once your #s start to pick up other people will join. Only problem will be the price of gas. If you only have a few members people will not drive a long way to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, I know. Considering just fishing a couple of lakes closer to home and then the more people to join, then start adding another lake every once and a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassfish606 View Post
    I am considering trying to start a fishing club beginning in February 2012 and was curious on whether or not any one on here would be interested. Would fish Laurel lake, Douglas lake, Cherokee, Wood Creek lake, Lake Cumberland, and Dale Hollow lake, with a fish off at the end of the year with 80% payout in cash and the rest in prizes at every meet, and any fees that would occur (tourney permits, ins. etc). The fish off would pay 100 % minus any type of fees it would cost to have. A 1 time 50.00 fee would be required ( which 40.00 of it would go toward fish off and the rest would go toward any fees and toward prizes) If any one would be interested or if you have any questions just shoot me a p.m. I am not wanting to profit any off this just have some good fishing days and nights lined up.
    I would be intersted if Payback was 100%.

Post Thanks / Like

it is only in the early stages of planning it. I am considering many different options. My concern is I don't want to go in the hole by buying the special use permits and required ins plus donatiing my entry fee to who ever wins. I am also considering doing a 90 percent payout and then what ever is left after any fees putting the rest toward the end of season fish off. But if things go the way I am hoping it may be very possible to do a 100 % payout if the ins. and special use permit can be covered by a small membership fee. That would be the best scenario.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be interested as well. Keep us up to date.

Post Thanks / Like

Do any of you guys know how much the tournament fishing permit cost and if there are any type of ins. required. Call the london ranger station and they have not called me back. But if all could be covered by any type of membership fees then the payback will be as follows:
    30.00 entry fee per boat with 5.00 per boat going toward end of year fish off and paying out the rest at tourny's and like a 5.00 per person big fish wich would be optional. And then the end of year fish off would pay out 100 % while the 5.00 per boat going toward that also and what ever would be left over from 50.00 membership fee after all permits and ins. going in the pot also. I will keep the receipts to show any one on how much the permits and ins. cost so no one will think that I am pocketing any money. If this sound's better please shoot me a pm and I can respond back too any one with in a couple of hours or so.

Post Thanks / Like

OK just speaking from my experience the minute fishermen hear the 50 dollar "membership" that will turn them off. Most successful clubs usually charge 10 -20.Heck the bfl that is one of the biggest money making scams in the country only charges 35.
    If you proceed, do your research to have a good turn out. Don't think because you put out your schedule first you won't hit on anyone elses events. Ask locals at each lake ,there are always annual events that happen around the same weekend each year. I can help you with the events on cumberland and laurel.

Post Thanks / Like

it is only in the early stages of planning it. I am considering many different options. My concern is I don't want to go in the hole by buying the special use permits and required ins plus donatiing my entry fee to who ever wins. I am also considering doing a 90 percent payout and then what ever is left after any fees putting the rest toward the end of season fish off. But if things go the way I am hoping it may be very possible to do a 100 % payout if the ins. and special use permit can be covered by a small membership fee. That would be the best scenario.
    ALMOST ALL of the events around here if you are running the event you fish for free. You shouldn't pay an entry. That is accepted practice on cumberland it is for the hard work and HEADACHES of putting on the event.
    Also just keep 10 percent and say that goes toward the fish off after expenses which translates into 100% payback .....

Post Thanks / Like

alright thanks for the info guys, I will let everyone know in the next day or two after I hear from the london ranger station about getting the special use permit and how much it cost.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you thought about fishing one of the clubs that already fishes a schedule that is real close to what you describe? There are two that I know of and one averages 5 boats per tournament and the other averages 10 per tournament so I am not sure there is a huge demand for another one.

Post Thanks / Like

what clubs are you talking about? never fished any tennessee lakes buy with laural & woods creek on lake list i might be interested