Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

cherokee park pond is it a has been or is there opportunity

i used to fish cherokee parks pond before i went into the marines i remember acout 5 yrs ago i would tear the large mouth up on the far end by the trees next to the golf cart trail. white twister tails and and me and my friend would catch 8 or 9 in about 2 hours all 13-16in and the cats were good too it was all around a good public pond. but when i got back from the marines a yr ago the whole pond every where was coverd in weeds i caught 2 cats and 3 small ranbows on worms i was standing out on that fallen tree fishing under it the only spot not coverd in weeds but i know that pond is full of nice bass and cats and theres huge carp in there but does anyone know how to fish that pond sucesesfully with all the weeds it seems imposible let me know what you think im thinking of throwing some weighted treble hooks and snaging some carp i have never eatin it but i heard if cooked properly it can be good.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cherokee park pond is it a has been or is there opportunity

i wasnt aware that snaging is illegal thanks for the msg i definatley dont want that trouble game wardens dont play around i know i wnt to college to be one but of course the booze and hott women led to my short academic downfall haha!

Post Thanks / Like

I tried fishing cherokee once. BUt it was Gin clear and I didnt see a single sign of life. Not one fish. So I kinda just wrote it off as a place not to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walkeraviator View Post
    I tried fishing cherokee once. BUt it was Gin clear and I didnt see a single sign of life. Not one fish. So I kinda just wrote it off as a place not to fish.
    last yr when i walked the banks i saw alot of 12-14in largemouth but the weeds have over taken it i think the weeds still devour that pond i dont know why they dont kill them its rediculous someone correct me if im wrong