Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

what i saw and caught this wknd floyds fork fishermans park and the ohio river by prp

i fished fishermans park saturday morning i caught 2 largemouth in the pond on the right one guy caught a 3 1/2 lber i fished with white twister tail nothing in the rear pond i saw acouple small bass and about 4 big carp caught acouple small gill on worms cut one up for catfish bait but no luck no luck at the front left pond tried cut baight and worms i saw a 7LB bass no **** it blew my mind but alot of preasure i didnt have much luck i dont have any intrest in returning anytime soon.

i waded floyds fork saturday evening from seatonville rd down stream about a mile and a half used a white twister had no luck i switched to a black rooster tail caught a couple sunfish and gill 2 keepers caught2 small smalleies on rooster tail but then switched to a small rapala rataler and the smallies loved it caught 4 and 2 were nice around 14in all in all i had alot of fun but why did all the fish stop biteing afler 745?

I fished for the first time down by the greenwood launch ramp in prp i walked down the river to the righrt to the barge tie offs i saw alot of activity i used nightcrawlers i caught 2 5lb channels and 2 perch at least i think those high backed silver fish are some kind of perch i also tried cut bait but no luck i didnt have any luck out far i only caught the fish acout 20ft from the bank i would try it again fishing slowed down at about 830

please tell if you know any good bank fishing spots on the louisville/ky side of the river.

hope this helps i like leeting other know how i did so there you go

i also made some great fish patties once again let me know if you want the recipee great for all fish.

good luck on the water

Post Thanks / Like

Re: what i saw and caught this wknd floyds fork fishermans park and the ohio river by

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_0311_hunter View Post
    ...and 2 perch at least i think those high backed silver fish are some kind of perch
    Drum (aka white perch).

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Re: what i saw and caught this wknd floyds fork fishermans park and the ohio river by

Hay usmc_0311_hunter ( long name)
    You can check out what the river is doing by going here. --> http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydro...,9,15,6&type=0

If you put your pointer on the blue or green marks it will tell you how much water there letting out and the green is what the future water levels will be..
    You can also go up stream and down stream to check out other upper and lower dam levels..

Post Thanks / Like

Im glad you had some luck at Fishermans park. I have never had much luck at the FINS lakes around louisville. Tom Wallace, Fishermans, Miles, McNealy. All entirely over pressured. Your best bet at catchin fish is to keep wading Floyds Fork. Try moving down stream to Bells Mill Road. I am thinkin about tryin the tailwaters at Taylorsville someday. The biggest problem with bank fishing is that everyone and their momma has fished anywhere you can get to by foot. This is why I am working so much overtime... i wanna buy a kayak this month.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite fishing at the FINS lakes is in the cooler weather when the rainbow trout are still there. They've all been caught or died off by now, but they'll stock more in the fall.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olgreenboat View Post
    Hay usmc_0311_hunter ( long name)
    You can check out what the river is doing by going here. --> http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydro...,9,15,6&type=0

If you put your pointer on the blue or green marks it will tell you how much water there letting out and the green is what the future water levels will be..
    You can also go up stream and down stream to check out other upper and lower dam levels..
    thanks for the tip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walkeraviator View Post
    Im glad you had some luck at Fishermans park. I have never had much luck at the FINS lakes around louisville. Tom Wallace, Fishermans, Miles, McNealy. All entirely over pressured. Your best bet at catchin fish is to keep wading Floyds Fork. Try moving down stream to Bells Mill Road. I am thinkin about tryin the tailwaters at Taylorsville someday. The biggest problem with bank fishing is that everyone and their momma has fished anywhere you can get to by foot. This is why I am working so much overtime... i wanna buy a kayak this month.
    i hate the public parks way over fished but sometimes u get lucky