Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

C-River 10-14 June

Just got back from a 5 day stay on the river. Went hoping to catch a few Walleye, Crappie or Striper with a few Rainbow for supper at night. The bite in the day was really slow for me. Just befour dark the fish tuned on.
    I never really could figure out the crappie, only could catch 3 to 4 crappie a day. I took my Aqua View and could see big schools of crappie all over the place but could not get them to hit a jig or minnow.
    I did find the brook trout, no problem catching them,. Caught them on ever thing I had tied on, but the shinny baits worked best.
    Just befour dark the walleye bit would turn on and caught them up until 3 in the morning ever night. Caught a lot of small Walleye but ended up with 17 eyes that was 18 to 20 inch's with one 5lb fish full of eggs. The one night that it looked like rain with a lot of cloud cover the fish (Walleye) went shallow. That night most was caught on top of the rock wall in front of the dam with a chrome blade bait ripping it up fast, but the rest of the time it took fishing deep to get them to hit. I would say 50% of them was caught on a blade bait ripping it off the bottom and the other 50% was caught on a deep running Rattlin Rouge, Fire Tiger. We caught a lot of 10 inch walleye on minnows and the blade bait.
    I caught several Ky Bass on the Jerk Bait. With the Aqua View I seen a lot of Bass in the river. I almost went bass fishing just to see if I could catch a few on a jig.
    The last night a ran the rough water at the generators befour dark with a Fluke on a Jig head and caught several small striper but nothing vere big at all so I went back to where I had been catching the walleye.
    I ran the rough water in the morning and during the day and did not do well, but I did catch a good 5lb Rainbow on a Fluke, to big to eat so back it went. I only caught 2 small browns at the generators.
    We floated power bait off and on from the dam to Wimphry's Landing and I dont think we caught one rainbow doing this, but it was a good long trip.
    A friend was down there and he had been catching a lot of Cat Fish on cut bait from Skip Jacks at night.
    The water below the dam is getting warm again, I think it was 58. The water is still up and running hard.
    I got stopped by a Maintence Worker and he told me they are going to fix the light on the ramp and wanted my in-put on where to put a light. I told him as far down the ramp he could get with a few lighting up the ramp about half way down.
    The only sour thing that happened was someone did not want to pay the 3dollar launch fee, so they took my pass out of my truck and used it instead. My Fault for not locking up the truck. Just had to go tell the park guys what happened and he took care of it for me. Guess I should be gald that is all they got.

Hope this helps someone.

Billy

Post Thanks / Like

Re: C-River 10-14 June

Thanks for the post and the information.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. I fished the same area a couple days last week for striper. Bait was plentiful but could only find a couple small fish. Know of a few large fish caught there but I couldn't find em.

Watching the HDS10 in the calm water next to the generators was incredible. I wish I had an aqua view. Tons of fish. Saw lots of carp filter feeding on top so assumed that was a lot of it.

I casted a shad rap and caught my first brookie - beautiful fish. Was hoping for a walleye and even debated getting the spoon out. Sounds like I should of. Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, thanks for the report!

Post Thanks / Like

Billy..just came in from fishing. We had several little sauger on minnows and curly tail grubs.
    They have cut back the flow and the water has dropped bout 4 feet.

Post Thanks / Like

That figures, wish I would have stayed another day now. Tell your Mom and Dad I am looking forward to meeting them again. We will have to get together another day, maybe Cedar Creek one day if your are up this way. later

Billy