Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

50 jobs cut from the C-J

24 of them from the newsroom. Couple of my friends were given their pink slips.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 50 jobs cut from the C-J

You know Tim it makes me wonder how long news papers will be around with the internet now. Hate to here about your friends, hard times for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    You know Tim it makes me wonder how long news papers will be around with the internet now. Hate to here about your friends, hard times for sure.
    Even with the internet you still need reporters. IMO the internet has made a mockery of journalism. Anyone can suddenly be a reporter and they are not held to the same standards. Some of the stuff people write on the internet would never fly under newspaper standards.

I would say the actual printed paper is definitely on the way out, but there will still be newspapers that exist online.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed! by the way I managed a couple 20's and a 45# last Fri.

Post Thanks / Like

Srry your friends got the pink slip.

I once was a subscriber to the C-J. But then once the entire paper was as thick as what one entire sports section would be (back in the 80's). Now your lucky if the entire paper is that big at all. The Sports section is a joke entirelywith the entire section maybe being 2 and half pages at most.

Plus the C-J not giving any type of discount to subscriber's who wanted to pay their entire Bill up front in advance for a full year at a time. *** They would give a discount to you if you had the funds taken out of your Checking account each month at the bank *** Your would get 2 dollars off per month on your account if you had the funds deducted automatically.

But your so right , with all the news stories being posted on the internet, the newspaper is soon going to be like everything else...A thing of the past....

Post Thanks / Like

Tim I hate it that they lost their jobs, but I HATE THAT NEWSPAPER. Quit taking it years ago, that is the most left sided liberal rag in the country, it's owned by tree huggers and run the same way.

RANT over, sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Tim I hate it that they lost their jobs, but I HATE THAT NEWSPAPER. Quit taking it years ago, that is the most left sided liberal rag in the country, it's owned by tree huggers and run the same way. Check Cub Foods Ad and Dollar General Ad.

RANT over, sorry.
    I feel the exact same way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Tim I hate it that they lost their jobs, but I HATE THAT NEWSPAPER. Quit taking it years ago, that is the most left sided liberal rag in the country, it's owned by tree huggers and run the same way.

RANT over, sorry.
    I feel that way about a lot of papers. I don't get one and when they try and give me one in (herald Leader) I say no. One guy asked me.....really not even a free one? I told him what I thought about the media and he agreed.

Post Thanks / Like

I still want the sports page because it has the baseball schedule/pitching match ups.
    An ya know I love how they cover da Bengals!
    The Harbor Freight coupons are awesome too.
    Baseball season I go daily sub then when the Reds are out come September I go back to Sundays only but always buy one at the store on Monday to read the Bengals game stats etc,,