Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tackle Box

Post Thanks / Like

Tackle Box

Hey everyone, im about to set myself up for a trip to bass pro shop to get my tackle re-stocked. I plan on spending 100$. Basically, i need hooks, weights, and plastics. I mainly fish for catfish and bass, but i want to get a little bit crappie plastics. The main things i use are buzz baits, spinners, all worms and brush hogs. I dont really know what to get other than those, so i am here asking for some ideas on good plastics, colors and what not ( i use blue/black, purple/black usually.) So basically, spit at me what plastics you like to use if you want, or what i should get. And i guess i might bump up to 120$

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tackle Box

Not a plastic lure but I like to chase crappie using the light popeyes, sometimes topped with Crappie Bites. If you buy these get all three colours (black, chartreuse & white). Good luck.

DAVE

Post Thanks / Like

Any plastics you get should include pumpkin and watermelon colors. As for crappie jigs you could try the trout magent brand.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i dont mind those at all, never used them. I just dont like cranks and what not for bass. Those are fine, thank you. Will defintley look into those.

Post Thanks / Like

Spot remover hooks, zoom trick worms or finesse worms green hues, buy some chartruese dye for the tip of the tails.

I have way too much tackle that i have bought because it "looks good" yet it ends up not being worth a nickle so it is best to stock up on what you need more than what you think will work. Start working on one tactic/style and become the best you know at using a particular type of lure then move to another trust me this will save you alot of money in your endevour to getting to be a well rounded angler. If I could go back I would do this instead of wasting alot of money on the "what's hot right now".

Post Thanks / Like

I cant answer much on crapie stuff, but the plastics stuff for bass is pretty easy if you keep it simple. Some 2/0 and 4/0 EWG hooks, some lead bullet weights from 1/8oz-3/4oz. Brush Hogs, Beaver style baits, finesse worms, and ribbontail worms. Three colors... Watermelon/Red Flake, Black/Blue Flake, and Green Pumpkin. Maybe a pack of Zoom Super Flukes in Pearl and Green Pump... and some black zoom horny toads. Get some shakey head jigs. They can be used as a shakey head with a finesse worm or beaver bait. They can also be used to ad weight to the fluke. They can even be used with small white grubs or swim baits. The small white grub on a round jig head retrieved like a spinnerbait has been known to catch me a mess of crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and some wacky rig hooks and some 5" senkos in green pumpkin and watermelon red

Post Thanks / Like

I could list a lot but i will never be without one plastic bait in my box which is the zoom speed craw in watermelon/red then tip claws with chartruse marker or dye and add sometype of garlic smell. If i cant catch a bass on this they wont bite nothing for me

Post Thanks / Like

okay, thanks everyone. Keep them coming if possible, will check all this out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeLions View Post
    Not a plastic lure but I like to chase crappie using the light popeyes, sometimes topped with Crappie Bites. If you buy these get all three colours (black, chartreuse & white). Good luck.

DAVE
    Can't beat a cabin creek popeye!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offdtop View Post
    Spot remover hooks, zoom trick worms or finesse worms green hues, buy some chartruese dye for the tip of the tails.

I have way too much tackle that i have bought because it "looks good" yet it ends up not being worth a nickle so it is best to stock up on what you need more than what you think will work. Start working on one tactic/style and become the best you know at using a particular type of lure then move to another trust me this will save you alot of money in your endevour to getting to be a well rounded angler. If I could go back I would do this instead of wasting alot of money on the "what's hot right now".
    Very true. I've got plenty of things that sit in my tackle box because they looked good in the store, but I haven't built any confidence with them. It seems that the fishermen are the ones that are "caught" nowadays, not the fish. As for plastics, I've always done well with anything that has pumpkin in the name. 7" inch power worm by Berkley in pumpkin seed is a personal favorite.

Post Thanks / Like

Big fan of the powerworm by Berkley. However, Bass Pro has a nice sale on YUM soft plastics. I cleaned up there a couple of weeks ago but was in there on wednesday and they still had a lot left. They are changing the design of their packaging and getting rid of the old stuff. Tough to beat. Also, I wouldnt hit water without a black and blue jig/pig.