Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Clark State Forest

Anyone fish at Clark State Forest near Henryville? I am planning on going Friday. I went there last week, but could only find 3 of the 7 ponds. Anybody have a map or know how to get to the others?

Any tips of which lake to start with or what to fish for?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clark State Forest

I wouldnt bother with the first two off the Main road, as they are really too small to fish and usually have 3 or 4 people plopped down with multiple poles and bobbers each... the 2nd pond has promise but all of the good areas are blocked by home owners who have property butting the water (cant blame the home owners, its just an unfortunate layout.)

Neither of those are boat-able.

The third one by the penitentiary you can put a boat in but its virtually 20ft deep in the entire lake. The depth finder showed lots of fish. I blanked the day I went, but that doesnt mean its a bad place. I may give it a 2nd run sometime in the future. Ive never tried any of the other ponds but I know most of them you have to walk to through the woods and arent any bigger than the other ponds up front.

Id rather just go to put a boat in Deam lake to be completely honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clark State Forest

There are two when you first pull in the main entrance. Schlam by the correctional facility and Frankie(sp), both have boat ramps. I hit Frankie a few weeks ago for about an hour and a half, probably caught 20-25 LM, but nothing over 12 inches. Two of the other lakes are past the Fire Tower, Bowen and Wilcox(I think), unless things have changed over the past few years, neither have a boat ramp. Shaw is the only other lake I know of in the Henryville area, it is located on Brownstown Rd., years ago it had some great fishing, but it's quite a hike to get back to it. We pulled a little two man boat back there and had a great time, but I wouldn't recommend trying to get a boat back there.