Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Fri night tournaments at green river RAMP 1

We are not trying to step on Mr,Raikes toes here we have talked to him and he seems to be a very nice guy with the right attiude about fishing these tourneys. It was brought to our attention tuesday night that he might not be able to have them every friday night and he might not be able to have it this friday night.So some folks ask if we would be able to host them every fri night and we answered YES,but we did not want to get involved with a conflict and would rather someone else as raikes to host them.Mr raikes told my father that he did not have a boat yet and he never really commited to hosting them every friday night as of yet,but his plans was to go on with it as much as he could..He started these when no one else would do them and i dont want to cut him out at all..
    We was asked by a majority of people if we hosted them EVERY FRI NIGHT and we said yes again!! We would like for tj raikes to step in and help us any way he can or could because he started it..We will be there every friday night rain or shine no matter what and everyone is welcome to come and fish,,.. Mr Raikes had it set at a 3 fish limit and for some or even most that may be the best but we ask around and this is what 24 people out of around 34 said,..We would like to have it set at 7 to 1 est 6 fish limit and do 100% payback 5 dollars out of every boat goes to big fish and every boat over 10 pays a spot i was kinda throwed in here and iam going to try it and see how it works..With all of you alls support and backing i think we all can work together and make some great friday night fishin..I want to thank DAVID DEERING,BRUCE MORGAN,AND CRAZY HORSE ARCHERY AND TACKLE FOR THERE HELP..TJ RAIKES IS WELCOME TO COME AND HELP KEEP THIS GOING STRONG AND JOIN US WITH YOUR IDEALS AND YOU STARTED IT THANK YOU. P.S.Mr raikes was thinking about the health of the fish by having a three fish limit and that he may be right on some agree and some dont my opinion he is right!!! But the majority has went with the 6 fish deal and that is what we will try.

PLEASE DONT NO ONE BLOW THIS OUT OF THE LAKE AND MAKE BAD JESTER'S ABOUT NO ONE ON HERE..MR RAIKES HAD THE RIGHT IDEALS AND HIS IDEALS MAY BE BETTER THAN OURS BUT WE WILL BE THERE FRIDAY WITH THE SCALES AT RAMP 1 READY FOR YOU TO COME AND SHOW US HOW TO FISH LOL!! THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN JUSTIN
    Last edited by jpendleton; 06-23-2011 at 12:56 AM. Reason: FORGOT SOMETHING

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fri night tournaments at green river RAMP 1

Here is how we are going to try and make this work!!!!!

OPEN BASS TOURNEY EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT!!

SITE) RAMP 1

WEIGH LIMIT) 6 FISH

TIME) 7:00 TIL 1:00 EST

ALL CHIPS MUST BE TURNED IN BY 1:00 NO WEIGH IN AFTER 1:20 GIVES YOU TIME TO GET READY..

NO ALCOHOL (IT DONT MIX WITH PEOPLE AND BOATS)

100%%%%% PAYBACK ANYTHING OVER 10 BOATS PAYS ANOTHER SPOT AND KEEPS GOING..5.00 OF THE ENTRY ON EVERY BOAT GOES FOR BIG FISH. AS OF NOW THERE IS NO PROGRESSIVE POT BIG FISH WILL BE PAYED OUT EACH FRIDAY NIGHT.

30.00 ENTRY FEE A BOAT.

EVERYONES FISH WILL BE WEIGHED EXACTALY THE SAME NO EXCEPTIONS

EVERYONE FROM EVERY WHERE IS WELCOME AND WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU ALL AND YOUR FAMILYS COME AND FISH,.WE MAY EVEN HAVE A BIG BAR B QUE A LITTLE LATER IN THE YEAR AFTER WE SEE HOW THIS IS GOING TO WORK..

THANKS CRAZY HORSE ARCHERY AND TACKLE FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT.

YOUR CHIP MUST BE TURNED IN AT THE END OF THE NIGHT BY 1:00 EST WE WILL ALL HAVE A DIGITAL CLOCK THAT WE WILL SET OUT TIME BY SO THERE IS NO BODYS CLOCK FASTER THAN THE OTHERS THANK YALL

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL FRIDAY NIGHT. JUSTIN

Post Thanks / Like

Open for all help and your opinions plus suggestions.the fisherman you all is what will make this work!!! No fancy scales but they will weigh your fish the same way they would skeet reese's lol!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpendleton View Post
    Open for all help and your opinions plus suggestions.the fisherman you all is what will make this work!!! No fancy scales but they will weigh your fish the same way they would skeet reese's lol!!

The 3 fish limit is best IMHO. To many dead smaller fish with a 6 fish limit this time of year. That is the only thing I would change.

Post Thanks / Like

3 fish limit may be the way to go this time of year. Release of live fish percentage would be higher. However, since it is a night tournament, I don't see a problem with a higher fish limit. 5 fish limit should be the max not 6. Also, when you say "no fancy scales", what do you mean? If you mean, you only have hand scales, this could be an issue or problem. Cheap portable hand scales is not the way to go. Too much of a variance with hand scales all the way around. A decent set of scales is a must. Especially if you want to start this friday night tournament series off on the right foot.

Just my two cents worth...

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

The 6 fish limit on Friday night has been around for several years down there....So I tend to agree with keeping things the way they were....My only question is what is the penalty for a dead fish? I know from tournament to tournament it varies....You need to go ahead and set the rules now and let people know before they get to the weigh in and get pissed about this or that...gonna try to make it out there tommorow night

Post Thanks / Like

Just because something has been "that way for years" does not mean it can't be changed. I know you fish alot of tourneys and have seen first hand how many are left floating. I don't care how many fish it ends up being but I really would like to have a few more left for us to catch!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    The 6 fish limit on Friday night has been around for several years down there....So I tend to agree with keeping things the way they were....My only question is what is the penalty for a dead fish? I know from tournament to tournament it varies....You need to go ahead and set the rules now and let people know before they get to the weigh in and get pissed about this or that...gonna try to make it out there tommorow night

Post Thanks / Like

YOU the fisherman are the ones that pays the entry so lets meet there friday night and vote on some things before we start!!MAJORITY WILL WIN. I was trying to keep it the way it used to be because it seemed t work well. The penalty for the dead fish will be 2/10's hope that suites everyone.
    For the scales go,,,,they will be the same scales like they used for years at the fri tournaments and the same kind they use now at the sat night tourn,they will weigh everyone's fish the same way.They will be berkley digital scales,thats all i can afford unless someone wants to help and sponsor some money everything that goes into the scaling part will come out of my pocket,iam giving all the money back not keeping a dollar of it,so iam trying to do the best that i can on a free budget!! Everyone will be treated equal and if anyone wants to put fourth any suggestions be there fri night and then put your opinion in and lets go from there.

Post Thanks / Like

One more thing i bet if you all figure it up you will see that most all night time tournaments you wont hardly ever see a fish die..If anyone needs any info on anything call us at 270 405 0459 cell home 270 932 9518

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to keep posting on here but trying to get everything in order. After everyone pays and gets there chip before we leave we are going to try and have a little small meeting,so if you can try to be there as early as you can.We will be there around 5:30 est to try and meet and talk to as many of you as we can.. MAKE SURE YALL TELL EVERYONE..WE ARE GOING TO MAKE THE COMMITMENT OF BEING HERE EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT NO MATTER WHAT!!! Once again please dont hesitate to put your 2 cents in to this because if it was not for you all we could not do this.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not arguing with you Shimano....wayyyyy too many fish die in tournaments but that's something we have to deal with....and it doesn't matter if its a day or night tournament fish will die in the summertime...Most people will agree with the 6 fish limit because thats how we've been fishin it for years

Post Thanks / Like

It has been several years (8-9?) since I fished a friday night tournament. I do remember they had a 6 fish limit. I have no intentions of fishing any night or night tournament because night fishing is just not as fun as daytime fishing for me. If I do fish at night it will be a spur of the moment descision. So with that being said I will not be there, so my opinion is from an "outsider".

The main reason most tournaments have a 5 fish limit is because once a person has 6 fish in there possesion they must stop fishing for the day. If the limit is 5 and you catch number 6 and cull down to 5 and you can continue to fish. If the tournament limit is 6 and the state posession limit is 6 and you continue to fish for number 7 then cull back down to 6 you are breaking the state posession limit law.

Since the friday night tournament is a "buddy/partner" tournament the 6 posession limit will only be an issue if somebody shows up to fish by themself and are catching several keeper fish. They are suppose to stop fishing when they reach 6. OR If one member of a team catches all 6 fish he must stop fishing but his partner can continue to fish because he has 0 fish. When the partner with 0 does catch 1 the guy with 6 can release 1 and start back fishing...now I am speaking by law...how many partners would have the ethics to stop at 6 and wait for thier partner to catch 1 so he could get rid of 1. I bet there is not a hand full of people that would actually follow or even know the exact details of the posession law. Hence the reason "most" tournaments have a 5 fish limit,so they ensure the the fishermen stay within the state posession law.

Years ago when I fished some of the friday night tournaments, it was always caled the UPS friday night tournament because the guys who held the tournament were UPS employees and several of the boats were people from UPS. It has been running for a long time and from what I have been told it still has a good turnout. I wish you the very best and hope things goes well and run smooth. One thing you will learn fast as a tournament director is that you will have to make descisions that everybody will not agree with. You can not please everybody so do what is right for the sucess of the tournament. You are taking on a job with no pay and will have to sort through complaints from people and for that I wish you luck.

Like it was said earlier it has been 6 for several years. The people who fished the tournament in the past will more than likely want to keep it 6 because it is human nature to not want to change or adapt. I would like to see a 3 fish limit in all tournaments day/night/hot/cold because I it would more than likely be benifical to the fishery in the long run.