Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

scary moment at Green River Lake

I was fishing a club tourney at Green river last Sat night, when everyone had just finished the weight in, when lighting hit a truck in the parking lot, the sound was unbelievable. It did not hurt the guys in the truck but blast threw two others to the ground and knock them unconscious for several mins, lucky both were released from hospital the next day with only minor injuries. This gave me renewed respect for mother nature. Just wanted to share this with everyone, it can happen to you, so be safe and god bless.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: scary moment at Green River Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Big Foot View Post
    I was fishing a club tourney at Green river last Sat night, when everyone had just finished the weight in, when lighting hit a truck in the parking lot, the sound was unbelievable. It did not hurt the guys in the truck but blast threw two others to the ground and knock them unconscious for several mins, lucky both were released from hospital the next day with only minor injuries. This gave me renewed respect for mother nature. Just wanted to share this with everyone, it can happen to you, so be safe and god bless.
    Wow! Actually knocked them out? Did they go to the hospital? Wonder why it struck their truck? Was it higher than the others?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: scary moment at Green River Lake

It actually struck the antenna and ran through his eletrical system and caught the truck on fire....From what I understand one guy had a concussion from the blast or hitting his head but was OK...We saw lightning in the distance that night and came in just a bit earlier than the tournament that his happened in...There really wasn't a terrible storm going on or anything and was just one of those things....Glad everybody was ok and this should teach us all a lesson