Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Green energy barrier for your old jon boat

do you have a old jon boat that you dont use anymore and you are tired of your outrageous energy bills? if so maybee we can make a deal for my services. what is it? Green Energy Barrier is a special type of reflective foil attic insulation that acts as a radiant heat barrier; meaning it actually blocks the transfer of radiant heat. it works by reflecting radiant heat back in the direction which it came from. So, in the summer, when the majority of heat comes in through the roof, Green Energy Barrier will reflect the sun’s heat BEFORE it penetrates your home. In the winter, as heat rises and tries to escape from the ceiling and roof, Green Energy Barrier will reflect that heat back into your home. Green Energy Barrier may be installed on top of your present insulation or stapled under your rafters or crawl space. Regardless of how much or how little insulation you have in your attic, Green Energy Barrier will save on your heating and cooling expense and will keep you much more comfortable. it usually costs about 2,000$ for a 1,000 sq ft attic the material i use alone is about a dollar a sq. i have 2 rolls left over from previous jobs so i can do up to a 2,000 sq ft attic. think about it thats s 4,000$ offer for your jon boat

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Green energy barrier for your old jon boat

$4,000?!?! You're joking right?

Home Depot:
    Enerflex 24 in. x 4 ft. Radiant Barrier - 50 per Contractor Box $190
    Enerflex 4 ft. x 250 ft. Radiant Barrier Insulation Roll $250
    They say you only need heavy duty scissors and staple gun to install.
    http://www.homedepot.com/Building-Ma...0053&langId=-1

http://www.ufpi.com/product/enerflex/index.htm

Might want to rethink those numbers....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    $4,000?!?! You're joking right?

Home Depot:
    Enerflex 24 in. x 4 ft. Radiant Barrier - 50 per Contractor Box $190
    Enerflex 4 ft. x 250 ft. Radiant Barrier Insulation Roll $250
    They say you only need heavy duty scissors and staple gun to install.
    http://www.homedepot.com/Building-Ma...0053&langId=-1

http://www.ufpi.com/product/enerflex/index.htm

Might want to rethink those numbers....
    call green energy of louisville and ask for a quote i have been subing for them for a yr trust me u wont get 1000sq ft installed for less than 2,200 i dont care what cheap knock off u can buy at home depot ask them to install it for you and see how much it costs until you have installed threw a actualy company and done over 300 jobs then you can tell me dont post stuff you dont know for a fact

Post Thanks / Like

and lets think for a seceond you know that labor is always alot more than the price of material if a company gets there matrial for 250 a roll and sends a 2 man crew to install it and then they got to pay there sales reps and office rental and company insurance and call backs and warrantys gas money and etc you wont get a 1000 sq attic done for cheap i promise. if you want to get a chaep version at home depot and crawl around in you 110 degree attic dont forget to buy knee pads and try not to go thru your cieling its gonna take you a while being your first time but if im willing to do it for a 3-5 hundred dollar boat im not ripping you off that post makes it sounds like im trying to scam people

Post Thanks / Like

not sure why you would have 'leftover' ,if you can just use it on the next job? i use all my 'leftover' stuff on the next job

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_0311_hunter View Post
    if you want to get a chaep version at home depot and crawl around in you 110 degree attic dont forget to buy knee pads and try not to go thru your cieling its gonna take you a while being your first time
    Enerflex doesn't appear to be a cheap version - seems to serve the purpose and has pretty good reviews. Installation of it always goes better in the early spring or late fall when it's not so hot out.

Wasn't trying to make your post sound like a scam, but $4,000 seemed way too high of an estimate for something that anyone can install themselves for less than $500.

If all you're after is a $400 junker in exchange, then I'd say they would come out great on your deal.

Post Thanks / Like

And if no one takes you up on your offer, I would buy your left over material later this fall...planning to buy it at Home Depot and install it myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Whats this got to do with fishin? I got a 10 footer if intrested.

Post Thanks / Like

since i just did a 8,000 sq ft job and there was alot of prerfabricated trusses and alot of duct work etc to fabricate around the company i sub threw gave me 1100sq for the job i only used 1000 thats how i have extra and any extra i get i hold onto you never know when you might run across a side job. plus the company i sub threw wont sell me the material because they want to get there greedy hands on every last cent of profit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    And if no one takes you up on your offer, I would buy your left over material later this fall...planning to buy it at Home Depot and install it myself.
    art im sorry i took offense to your post but thats the prices green enrgy charges people you wouldnt think it would be that high but its crazy we just did one job that was about 3000sq and it sold for 10,000 i felt bad for the poor old lady the sold it to she lived in a 200 yr old farm house and was heating her living room with a space heater i dont know how she could afford it. and just let me know when your thinking about getting it done and i will try to help you out

Post Thanks / Like

can you send me a picture coombro

Post Thanks / Like

IM A INSULATION CONTRACTOR AND THIS POST IS A JOKE !!!!! SCOTT 270-617-1010