Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ok folks...where would you go?

This Friday you have the entire day to fish somewhere within an hours drive of Louisville. Your goal is to catch as many keeper size cats, bass and crappie as possible. Where would you go? What time of day? And what tactics would you use? Let's hear it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ok folks...where would you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffflem514 View Post
    This Friday you have the entire day to fish somewhere within an hours drive of Louisville. Your goal is to catch as many keeper size cats, bass and crappie as possible. Where would you go? What time of day? And what tactics would you use? Let's hear it?
    well since the only lake i know much about is taylorsville i would go there i would make about 15 jugs for the catfish and i would try fishing crappie while i had my jugs in sight i like throwing shiners as far down from my bobber as i could manage next to stumps and other cover back in one of the many inlets this can catch anything crappie bass and cats and if you have a cat pole you might wana just throw it over the edge of your boat and let it drift down deep. but you gotta keep an eye on them jugs somtimes if you hit em right it can be non stop!! for the jugs i would use spam and cutbait maybee liver magic stink bait works good for me here also. if you wanna catch alot of hybrids try trolling white twister tail as slow as your motor will allow stay about 30 ft or so off the bank and follow it you shouldnt have a problem catching your fair share of fish if you do this
    as far as time of day hell why not all day as fat dan says fish to live live to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Make it a little over an hr, and come on down to nolin. The 'gills are bitting, the jumps are just getting started good. And several guys have been doing good catching channels after dark. The bass are kinda hit or miss right now, one day you'll load the boat, next day, where in the @#$% did they go???? Tr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffflem514 View Post
    5 PM to dark, Steele Branch Ramp, KY River north of Frankfort, jigs, worms, small cranks, white buzzbait in low-light.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd got to Taylorsville Lake.

Take a cast net, catch some bait, drift fish at about 6 or 8 ft deep for blues - throw out a few jugs as well. Would also keep a rod handy with a 1/2 oz. white lead spoon in case I saw a school of whites or hybrids start busting. Wouldn't go too far from the dam either. Would fish from 5 pm to 10 pm and quit when I couldn't see any more.