My boy wanted Daddy's Jambalaya for supper. The same Jambalaya that I have made on many a fishing trip and trust me, after a long cold day on Dale Hollow catching monster Smallies in December the only way to end the day is a couple of Bowls of this and a cold beer or two (even though I don't drink beer - Ale 8 for me). I will give you the quick easy recipe and you can try it for yourself. My own invention by the way.

Elnuts Easy Jambalaya

Make about 5 big bowls (or just enough for Chunknwind and myself)

One Large Onion
One bunch of Celery
One Large Green Pepper
One package of Butterball Lean Turkey Sausage
One can of Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes
One Can of Chicken Stock, 15 oz can
One Chicken Boulion Cube
15oz Minute Rice (or equal amount as chicken stock)
Tony Chachere Seasoning
Franks Hot Sauce - Optional

Dice up Onions, Peppers and Celery and put in bowl
Dice up Turkey Sausage and put in another bowl
Put Dutch Oven on stove and a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil. When hot put in Sausage and fry until just brown then remove with slotted spoon and put back in original bowl. Put Onions, Peppers and Celery into Dutch Oven and stir fry for a few minutes until crisp tender then add back in sausage and fry for a couple of minutes. Pour in entire 15 oz can of tomatoes, chicken stock and boulion cube, salt, pepper and Tony Chachere to taste (the more Tony the better) and bring to boil. Cover and Turn off and let it sit for 15 minutes. Bring back to rolling boil and add in rice, cover, remove from heat and let it sit for about 10 minutes. If rice is tender after 10 minutes, open beer or Ale 8 and enjoy. If rice is not quite done and liquid is all gone from pan add a bit of water, bring back to boil, cover and remove from heat for a couple of minutes and rice should be done. If you want some more heat, add Franks Hot Sauce - THE BEST HOT SAUCE FOR HEAT AND FLAVOR. Elnuts Easy Jambalaya