Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Confusion on the Fishing and Boating Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Jbyrd View Post
    They are talking about after you fill up your live well to run the circulator pump only , not your fill pump MOST (not all boats have just a circulator pump.
    and just my luck I have no circulator pump....I have 2 pumps...one for bilge and one for filling the livewell. Can I use one of my existing pumps with some plumbing changes or do I need a new one just for this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KYCatfish View Post
    I'm reading on page 18, right hand column, under the second bullet: "Stress can be released by continual operation of the aerator in a closed livewell. Do not pump hot lake water into the livewell".

If you don't get water from the lake, where are going to get it? Secondly, my aerator just pumps in water from the lake. If it ran continually, it would start overflowing...had it happen several times (I don't have an overflow). I'd like to keep my catch alive as long as possible but is confusing to me. BTW: I have an 2008 Tracker Grizzly 1860. Can you anyone clear this up?
    I think this is what we need for hot summer water....http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...iw=813&bih=479

Post Thanks / Like

I add please release me to my ice jugs... works stellar, one teaspoon per bottle treats 10 gallons and I recirculate when I put them in.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KYCatfish View Post
    and just my luck I have no circulator pump....I have 2 pumps...one for bilge and one for filling the livewell. Can I use one of my existing pumps with some plumbing changes or do I need a new one just for this?
    had same problem wiht old boat no receculator. solved problem with bait bucket pump from walmart. had suction cup for mounting on bottom of livewell and wired to toggle switch for use when needed worked great

Post Thanks / Like

I had an older boat and needed some sort of gizmo to help put oxygen in the water. I went to wally world and bought one of those crappie bucket airater gizmo's that work on 4 D cell batteries, had a long hose and a thing at the end that would sink down inside the livewell. turned on the switch and ta-da...instant oxygen in the livewell...worked like a charm.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking the same thing, why not just use a bubbler? But I'd spend the extra money and get the one from BPS. Runs on 1 D battery, a good long time, and it's more waterproof. Costs more, but in my experience, the ones from Walmart don't last long. I left mine out in the snow last winter and it still works!