Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mountain lion at Dale. What a cool Dale trip!

Here I was fishing at 8:00 in the morning down at Dale Hollow by Wisdom and as I'm cruising down the bank chucking at logs and the bank I hear a rustling on the bank. I look up and had to catch this video. I have been coming down to Dale since 81' and have NEVER seen one of these. Dock hands say it's been 10 years or so. I originally thought Bobcat, Wildcat, until it crossed into the open. It was way too tall. The gentlemen at the Dock says it's a cougar. There are 3 cubs with the mother. You just can't but barely see one of her cubs in this video. It was by far one of the most peaceful tranquil thing I have seen. The sun was barely up and licking my skin, I was the only one back in that part of the lake behind Wisdom. Catching fish is only a small part of my love for fishing. This type of exposure to nature is WAY more the reason than actually fishing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc8wQkTrgy8
    Last edited by mybentrod; 07-05-2011 at 04:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mountain lion at Dale. What a cool Dale trip!

Awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

I've watched it several times and can't help but think it's a bobcat,stopping it at around 1:01-1:02 looks like the tell tale short tail to me.
    Still an awesome video and something I've only seen a few times in my life being an avid hunter,fisherman,and hiker/ginseng hunter.

Post Thanks / Like

That is BA. I had a similar, but much less cool, event happen to me. At Taylorsville lake I had a raccoon beg for a fish. It followed us down the bank for a good 10 minutes before one of the guys I was with donated one of the days catch to it. It was pretty neat. Also did you guys know there are bald eagles around Taylorsville lake? Saw it flying over head and then watched it land in a tree. First one I had seen in the wild.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kyfanatic View Post
    I've watched it several times and can't help but think it's a bobcat,stopping it at around 1:01-1:02 looks like the tell tale short tail to me.
    Still an awesome video and something I've only seen a few times in my life being an avid hunter,fisherman,and hiker/ginseng hunter.
    If you watch it around 32-33 you can see she has it tucked under climbing such a steep hill. The body is too long to be a Bob cat IMO....but that was my initial reaction also. Cool, Bob Cat. Like wise....either way. Lord knows I am no expert, just going off of the locals.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is a bobcat as well. It is hard to tell for certain from the video.

Post Thanks / Like

Extremely cool video! Thanks for posting this.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched in full screen and in slow motion frame by frame . Looks like a big male bobcat You can see it twitch its tale at one point and it does have a small tail . Also the pointed ears can be seen 2-3 times really clear. I have seen a few around in that area over the years and it is awesome when you get to see one of them.

Post Thanks / Like

The ref returns to the field......."AFTER FURTHER REVIEW".....looking at mountain lion sightings they haven't been in these parts for quite a while. SO.....I do agree I got a good video of a BIG bobcat.

Post Thanks / Like

looks to big to bve a bob cat it looks like a mt lion. as rare as that would be im not suprised when i lived in the country outside of cincinatii we had a mt lion sighting reported over 20 times in a 5 mile radius right on my hunting grounds and odnr came out and found tracks and recorded the size of them i dont know if they ever found him but there was proof so im not shocked.

either way fishing is only half the glory the other half is the wildlife i got to see 2 young deer swiming floyds fork right in front of me the other day and managed to call one in pretty close you gotta love the outdoors.

Post Thanks / Like

awesome video. thanx for sharing! agree about fishing being only part of the benefit of being outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

Great Video , this is one of the best aspects about being in the outdoors.

I'm going to see if i can get a guy i work with who lives in Oldham County to send me some pics of what they think was a cougar hanging around his and their neighboors house. this thing actually looked in the back door of his patio door. it was much bigger than the cat in the video and is a little darker in color. they did notify KDFW but i never did get the outcome of that. none the less this is a great video. i will see if i can get those pics in the morning. im curious as to what he got pics because i do not know much about big cats.would love to get everyones opinion on these pics.

Thanks for sharing !!