Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: cast and blast trip this fall

Thanks for the heads up on the longbow. My right wrist is sore as all hell from shooting it so much. Good enough to kill at 10 to 15 yards now, making rapid improvement at 20. Hope to move out to 25 soon. Love this **** thing! Just a reminder, let me know what dates will work for you on the Cast and Blast, pretty excited about it. If you have any fly requests let me know and i will tie some up. Forgot to bust out the box's in my trunk when we met up. Take care Tim.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good, glad you like the bow. What arrows did you end up getting? I wouldn't worry too much about shooting out to 30 right now. I would concentrate strictly on shooting the best you can at 20 yards. I will firm up the dates as soon as I can, I am waiting to hear from some prim a dona Elite Series guy to set up a photo shoot in early October so I will work around that. Should know something pretty soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Right now I'm using my bro's three rivers arrows. They are a bit long but hey, it's what I have to work with for now. Next week am going to order a dozen cut about and inch shorter than the ones I have been shooting. We'll see how that works out. Some animals are going in the freezer this fall that is for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

He's getting straightened out pretty quick with his shooting Tim. It's nice to watch. I think I'll put some silencers on his string today. Now if only I could watch him shatter some of his arrows it will be too just tooooo fine. It kinda sounds like some guys are reluctant to go to the gorge because of the bears? I hope not. They are here to stay and we're all going to have to learn to deal with them. I was dissapointed last year when I got laid off and we weren't able to do it. I've always wanted to hunt down there, even if all I bag are some rascally stumps!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deaddrift84 View Post
    He's getting straightened out pretty quick with his shooting Tim. It's nice to watch. I think I'll put some silencers on his string today. Now if only I could watch him shatter some of his arrows it will be too just tooooo fine. It kinda sounds like some guys are reluctant to go to the gorge because of the bears? I hope not. They are here to stay and we're all going to have to learn to deal with them. I was dissapointed last year when I got laid off and we weren't able to do it. I've always wanted to hunt down there, even if all I bag are some rascally stumps!
    Not worried about the bears, I spend way too much time in bear country to worry about that. The biggest issues are the drive and the hunting. From everything I have been able to research and talk to folks that have hunted that area, it doesn't sound worth the effort.

I agree, people need to adapt because the bears are not going anywhere and I don't want them to. For me a bear always means lots of land, I guess I kind of identify them with huge expanses of public forest and such.

Are you going to come down to Otter Creek with us? I talked to your brother today and you should try and make it.

Btw if anyone else is interested, the dates are Thursday October 13-Sunday October 16.
    Last edited by Tim_T; 08-18-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard the hunting in that area is pretty sparse as well. I've rarely seen any deer there and I'm pretty sneaky. As for cast & blast, I'm planning on being there. I'm sure we'll have better luck at otter creek and I am dying to fish a new stream. I pulled an accidental Howard Hill yesterday morning and split one of my arrows from the nock to half way. Nice, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deaddrift84 View Post
    I've heard the hunting in that area is pretty sparse as well. I've rarely seen any deer there and I'm pretty sneaky. As for cast & blast, I'm planning on being there. I'm sure we'll have better luck at otter creek and I am dying to fish a new stream. I pulled an accidental Howard Hill yesterday morning and split one of my arrows from the nock to half way. Nice, right?

I did that shooting indoors at 20 yards once. The only problem was the arrow that got split wasn't in the bulls-eye!

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered an armload of archery equipment today. This is going to be great!

Post Thanks / Like

Put my slide on hunting quiver on the bow today and switched to my new Zwickey Eskimo 2 blade 125 grain broadheads. I did some last minute shopping at Bass Pro yesterday and everything is ready. Bought deer and fall turkey permit today. Opening day of bow season is Saturday, if anybody needs me I will be in the woods in Taylorsville all day Saturday!

Post Thanks / Like

Think my broadheads are going to look familiar...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the trip was a success. Not much happening with the fish because ths tream hadn't been stocked yet. The hunting was okay, there were deer spotted and I won't mention any names (colonelmeyer) missed a shot on a doe Thursday evening.

Nobody got shot or drowned and I had a good time hanging with deadrift84 and colonelmeyer. I now know something about t-shirts that I didn't know before!

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ah, ha, ha...good times.