Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shut it down!

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Shut it down!

I am sick and tired of this political bickering, Shut the government down, turn out the lights, let congress go home to face the music. Five times since 2001, they have raised the debt limit. why not now? No taxes cries the cry baby,how long since a tax increase? if you cant close the most glaring loop holes in the tax code, throw the darn out, and go to a flat no exemption tax. Maybe thats what this country needs, a good stiff dose of anarchy, the wars will end when the troops are needed at home, to figure out what to do with a well armed pissed off citizenry.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shut it down!

Come on now....don't beat around the bush. Say what you really feel

j/k man.....I tend to not even listen to politics anymore. no need to get tore up about it if you can't solve it. Best you can do is elect new people

Post Thanks / Like

That Mn govenor is finally showing those tee party jerks his BBB. Since millionaires constitute 51% of the population of that state, they are doing the electorates bidding right?Its time to stop the tail wagging the dog politics. I came from place long long ago, and seemingly far far away, when whether you were a democrate, or a republican, began the on election day, and ended that evening, the rest of the time we were americans.Left wing and right wing were hockey terms.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    That Mn govenor is finally showing those tee party jerks his BBB. Since millionaires constitute 51% of the population of that state, they are doing the electorates bidding right?Its time to stop the tail wagging the dog politics. I came from place long long ago, and seemingly far far away, when whether you were a democrate, or a republican, began the on election day, and ended that evening, the rest of the time we were americans.Left wing and right wing were hockey terms.
    You continue to spout crap..........51% of the population are millionaires?? REALLY...........Come on........post proof.

How about this from the latest census: http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/27000.html

Using very, VERY simple math......if 51 % of the folks were millionaires, meaning they make a lot of money.......lets just say they make 250k a year. THEN everyone else could make 0. Not a freakin RED CENT.....and the per capita income would be something like 100K.

I guess your made up 51% number is a little wrong.

Later,

Geo
    Last edited by apb; 07-08-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: getting real old editing the profanity out of your posts.

Post Thanks / Like

If you were able to comprehend JEST, you'd have seen my point. There are about 7000 millionaires in Mn, the pop. is about five and a half million.I guess some right wing kooks cant see the folly or humor in anything.When ever anyone trys to show a moderate view of anything, your right wing crap starts pouring out, did you ever think that maybe you were being a little baited?

Post Thanks / Like

If you were able to comprehend JEST, you'd have seen my point. There are about 7000 millionaires in Mn, the pop. is about five and a half million.I guess some right wing kooks cant see the folly or humor in anything.When ever anyone trys to show a moderate view of anything, your right wing crap starts pouring out, did you ever think that maybe you were being a little baited?
    Yea, I don't see the humor in what you posted. I really don't. AND I don't believe you posted anything in jest.

Yea, get used to my right wing crap.......I will SPOUT it until REAL CHANGE occurs.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Leave Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare alone is my opinion...I'm not very knowledgable on the social programs just mentioned but I do know my mom gets social security as well as medicare or medicaid or both (not sure)...and...I have lived a lot of years thinking (hoping) I'd be entitled to some of these same social programs that my parents were. And why shouldn't I be, I've certainly paid my share into each of these programs.

So now Pelosi, I know she's our favorite house speaker of all times (cough, gag, cough!!!!), is standing up for these two programs, while on the GOP's side of the fence they are saying they won't budge one red cent without seriously considering cuts in these social programs.

I'm completely tired of the left verses right....it's all a rip off...the left and the right reminds me of insurance, a rip off!! How about the left and right taking a look at what's inside their own house to begin making cuts first? They both ****!

One more thing....when Nobama got elected he saw this country was in a mess and headed down hill....he saw what the debt was when he took hold of the reigns. What a complete and total IDIOT he has been during he term as POTUS, to take all the money he saw laying around and throwing it this way, that way, giving it away literally....I am so serious, Nobama has been the absolute worse thing to happen to this country for a long long time...and for those who voted for him I hope you all are happy cause we have to continue paying through the nose to support him and his ol' lady until their dying day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post
    Leave Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare alone is my opinion...I'm not very knowledgable on the social programs just mentioned but I do know my mom gets social security as well as medicare or medicaid or both (not sure)...and...I have lived a lot of years thinking (hoping) I'd be entitled to some of these same social programs that my parents were. And why shouldn't I be, I've certainly paid my share into each of these programs.

So now Pelosi, I know she's our favorite house speaker of all times (cough, gag, cough!!!!), is standing up for these two programs, while on the GOP's side of the fence they are saying they won't budge one red cent without seriously considering cuts in these social programs.

I'm completely tired of the left verses right....it's all a rip off...the left and the right reminds me of insurance, a rip off!! How about the left and right taking a look at what's inside their own house to begin making cuts first? They both ****!

One more thing....when Nobama got elected he saw this country was in a mess and headed down hill....he saw what the debt was when he took hold of the reigns. What a complete and total IDIOT he has been during he term as POTUS, to take all the money he saw laying around and throwing it this way, that way, giving it away literally....I am so serious, Nobama has been the absolute worse thing to happen to this country for a long long time...and for those who voted for him I hope you all are happy cause we have to continue paying through the nose to support him and his ol' lady until their dying day!
    I agree that Medicare and social security are needed by many people. That is why these programs cannot be left alone. They are going broke. Since they are needed so badly in this country they need to be fixed. Medicare fraud is rampant. A big part of this fraud is doctors ordering unnecessary tests on terminally ill patients. Doctors order tests and bill Medicare for the tests and for them reading the results. Another reason medicare costs are high is because doctors order tests that are not in the normal protocol for treatment to protect themselves from malpractice suits. Social security fraud is also rampant. I personally know a 36 year old healthy man collecting social security disability benefits. He runs a small cleaning business on the side. His 35 year old wife is also collecting SS disability benefits because she is supposedly legally blind. Well, she didn't look blind yesterday when I saw her driving her new car. Something has to be done to fix these programs. I don't mind helping those in need but it irks me to see these swindlers get away with it. Not everyone collecting benefits is unable to work. My grandfather had lost a leg in the steel mill and he still found work afterward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom523 View Post
    I personally know a 36 year old healthy man collecting social security disability benefits. He runs a small cleaning business on the side. His 35 year old wife is also collecting SS disability benefits because she is supposedly legally blind. Well, she didn't look blind yesterday when I saw her driving her new car. Something has to be done to fix these programs.
    Yea I agree, the programs need to be free of any abuse. Makes me wonder how many people besides yourself that know about this thieving rascal and his blind wife and their ways of living?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Shut it down!

Drug addiction, Go SSI, Alcoholic, same thing.Self inflicted wounds were not meant to be covered.Medicare fraud is big business to some, they get rich doing it, and then they get tax breaks?Reminds me of something a prof said once at Purdue, there are No simple cures to a problem.Most solutions lead to smaller problems. Lets look at acid rain, it was destroying some pine forests, if we would let it run its course, it would have eliminated the pine bark beetle though.

Post Thanks / Like

Social security was never meant to be the sole basis for retirement. But in many cases it is.No one ever planned on that being their only source of income, but sometimes thing dont work out as planned.Before ERISA came about, my live in worked at three textile operations, they all went under, no pension,After 50 she trained to be a nurse, worked at a utility and became vested, her retirement after 10 yrs a lump sum payout that was a joke, but legal.So she is entitled to almost minimal SS. Thats not enough to even live on with the cost of living going up as it has in the past few years. So its throw the poor and needy under the bus, someone needs to sacrifice, let it be them.

Post Thanks / Like

tee party jerks? What is that all about. Are people jerks because they are tired of the way our government is not doing what they are paid to do?